In this paper, we present two pre-processing based techniques in unitary transform-domain for narrow-band interference rejection in CDMA communication systems. In our techniques, by using Karhaunen-Loeve Transform (KLT) and Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT), at the transmitter, eigenvectors occupied by NBI are determined; then the energy of the transmitted signal is set to zero into the direction of those determined vectors. Hence, any information is not deleted by NBI through channel. As a result after applying these transforms, a major part of the processing would be shifted to the transmitter, and thus complexity of receiver is reduced. Our simulation results show that the proposed methods improve the performance of the CDMA communication systems in the presence of narrow-band interference.
2. Milstein, L. B. and R. A. Iltis, "Signal processing for interference rejection in spread spectrum communications," IEEE ASSP Magazine, 18-31, April 1986.
3. Ricci, M. and G. Tulino, "Narrow-band interference suppression in multiuser CDMA systems," IEEE Trans. on Com., Vol. 46, No. 6, 1163-1175, Sep. 1998.
4. Jones, W. W. and K. R. Jones, "Narrow-band interference suppression using filter bank synthesis/analysis techniques," Proc. MILCOM 92, 898-902, Oct. 1992.
5. Akansu, A. N., M. V. Tazebay, M. J. Medley, and P. K. Das, "Wavelet and subband transforms: Fundamentals and communication applications," IEEE Com. Mag., 104-115, Dec. 1997.
6. Tazebay, M. V. and A. N. Akansu, "A performance analysis of interference excision techniques in direct-sequence spreadspectrum communication," IEEE Trans. Signal Proc., Vol. 46, No. 9, 2530-2535, Sept. 1998.
7. Tay, J. and J. Nan, "Narrow-band interference rejection in DS/CDMA systems using adaptive based nonlinear ACM interpolator," IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Tech., Vol. 52, No. 1, 374-379, March 2003.
8. Azmi, P., "Narrow-band interference suppression CDMA spreadspectrum communication systems based on sub-optimum unitary transforms," IEICE Trans. Communication, Vol. E85-B, No. 1, 239-246, January 2002.
9. Windpassinger, C., Detection and precoding for multiple input multiple output channel, M.Sc. Thesis, Erlangen, 2004.
10. Brandt-Pearce, M. and A. Dharap, "Transmitter-based multiuser interference rejection for the down-link of a wireless CDMA system in a multipath environment ," IEEE Journal of Selected Area on Com., Vol. 18, No. 3, 407-417, March 2000.
11. Wang, Z., S. Zhou, and G. B. Giannakis, "Joint coding–precoding with low-complexity turbo-decoding," IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communication, Vol. 3, 832-842, May 2004.
12. Vojcic, B. R., "Transmitter precoding in multiuser communications," Proc. 1995 IEEE IT Workshop on Information Theory, Multiple Access and Queueing Theory, St. Louis, MO, April 19-21, 1995.