Acompact planar microstrip ultra-wideband (UWB) bandpass filter is presented in this paper. The proposed UWB filter is realized by cascading a high pass filter (HPF) and a lowpass filter (LPF). HPF with short-circuited stubs is used to realize the lower stopband and a lowpass filter based on a defected ground array in the ground plane employed to attenuate the upper stopband. One such a bandpass filter is designed and simulated.
2. Ishida, H. and K. Araki, "Design and analysis of UWB bandpass filter with ring filter," IEEE MTT-S Microwave Symp. Dig., 1307-1310, June 2004.
3. Wang, H., L. Zhu, and W. Menzel, "Ultra-wideband bandpass filter with hybrid microstrip/CPW structure," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 15, No. 12, 844-846, 2005.
4. Yang, G., M. R. Jin, J. Geng, X. Huang, and G. Xiao, "Ultra-wideband bandpass filter with hybrid quasi-lumped elements and defected ground structure," IET Microw. Antenna Propag., Vol. 1, No. 3, 733-736, June 2007.
5. Hong, J. S. and M. J. Lancaster, Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications, 1st edition, Chap. 6, John Wiley, New York, 2001.
6. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, 2nd edition, Chap. 6, John Wiley, New York, 1998.
7. Zhang, R. and R. R. Mansour, "A novel lowpass microstrip filter using metal loaded slots in the ground plane," IEEE MTT-S Microwave Symp. Dig., 1311-1314, June 2004.
8. Oskouei, H. D., K. Forooraghi, and M. Hakkak, "Guided and leaky wave characteristics of periodic defected ground structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 73, 15-27, 2007.
9. Chen, J., Z.-B.Weng, Y.-C. Jiao, and F.-S. Zhang, "Lowpass filter design of Hilbert curve ring defected ground structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 70, 269-280, 2007.
10. Ansoft Corporation, Ansoft HFSS ver.10 and Ansoft Designer ver.3.5, .