In this paper, a carrier frequency offset estimation scheme in orthogonal frequency division multiplexing is proposed. We focus on increasing the correlation of each PN sequence code repeated in one preamble. We aim at getting an efficiency like using many preambles. The proposed method can improve the performance of the system by estimating fine frequency offset. Also, the proposed method enhances reliability by maximizing the number of correlations compared with the established method in time domain.
2. Shu, W. and J.-M. Song, "Complete mode spectrum of a grounded dielectric slab with double negative metamaterials," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 65, 103-123, 2006.
3. Min, K.-S., M.-S. Kim, C.-K. Park, and M. D. Vu, "Design for PCS antenna based on WiBro-MIMO," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 1, 77-83, 2008.
4. Abouda, A. A. and S. G. Haggman, "Effect of mutual coupling on capacity of MIMO wireless channels in high SNR scenario," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 65, 27-40, 2006.
5. Abouda, A. A., H. M. El-Sallabi, and S. G. Haggman, "Effect of antenna array geometry and ULA azimuthal orientation on MIMO channel properties in urban city street grid," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 64, 257-278, 2006.
6. Al-Kamali, F. S., M. I. Dessouky, B. M. Sallam, and F. E. Abd El-Samie, "Frequency domain interference cancellation for single carrier cyclic prefix CDMA system," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 3, 255-269, 2008.
7. Hua, J., L. Meng, Z. Xu, and D. Wang, "A new method for SNR and doppler shift estimation in wireless propagations," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 15, 2431-2441, 2007.
8. Mouhamadou, M., P. Vaudon, and M. Rammal, "Smart antenna array patterns synthesis: Null steering and multi-user beamforming by phase control," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 60, 95-106, 2006..
9. Van Nee, R., G. Awater, M. Morikura, H. Takanashi, M. Webster, and K. W. Halford, "New high-rate wireless LAN standards," IEEE Commun. Mag., Vol. 37, No. 12, 82-88, Dec. 1999.
10. Doufexi, A., S. Armour, M. Butler, A. Nix, D. Bull, J. McGeegan, and P. Karlsson, "A comparison of the HIPERLAN/2 and IEEE802.11a wireless LAN standards," IEEE Commun. Mag., Vol. 40, No. 5, 172-180, May 2002.
11. ETSI ETS 300 401, "Radio broadcasting system: Digital audio broad-broadcasting (DAB) to mobile, portable and fixed receivers,", ETSI, Tech. Rep., Feb. 1995.
12. ETSI ETS 300 744, "Digital video broadcasting (DVB): Frame structure, channel coding and modulation for digital terrestrial television (DVBT),", ETSI, Tech. Rep., Mar. 1997.
13. Qiao, S., Z.-G. Shi, T. Jiang, and L.-X. Ran, "A new architecture of UWB radar utilizing microwave chaotic signals and chaos synchronization," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 75, 225-237, 2007.
14. Azmi, P. and N. Tavakkoli, "Narrow-band interference suppression in CDMA spread-spectrum communication systems using preprocessing based techniques in transform-domain," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 3, 141-150, 2008.
15. Sotiriou, A. I., P. T. Trakadas, and C. Capsalis, "Uplink carrier-tointerference improvement in a cellular telecommunication system when a six-beam switched parasitic array is implemented," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 5, 303-321, 2008.
16. Shi, Z.-G., S.-H. Hong, and K. S. Chen, "Tracking airborne targets hidden in blind Doppler using current statistical model particle filter," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 82, 227-240, 2008.
17. Van de Beek, J. J., M. Sandell, and P. O. Borjession, "ML estimation of time and frequency offset in OFDM systems," IEEE Trans. Signal Processing, Vol. 45, No. 7, 1800-1805, July 1997.
18. Chen, H. and G. J. Pottie, "A comparison of frequency offset tracking algorithms for OFDM," IEEE Globecom, Vol. 2, 1069-1073, Dec. 2003.
19. Zhang, R.-T., X.-Z. Xie, and X.Wa, "A synchronization algorithm for OFDM based on training cyclic prefix," IEEE Comm. Tech., 1-4, Nov. 2006.
20. Schmidl, T. M. and D. C. Cox, "Robust frequency and timing synchronization for OFDM," IEEE Trans. Comm., Vol. 45, 613-621, Dec. 1997.
21. Ogawa, Y., K. Nishio, T. Nishimura, and T. Ohgane, "Channel and frequency offset estimation for a MIMO-OFDM system," IEEE VTC, Vol. 2, 1523-1527, Sept. 2004.
22. Wu, Y., H. Luo, M. Ding, and C. Yan, "A novel frequency offset estimator for OFDM," IEEE CSP, Vol. 2, 1054-1057, June 2006.
23. Lee, Y.-D., D.-H. Park, and H.-K. Song, "Improved channel estimation and Mai-robust schemes for wireless OFDMA system," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 81, 213-223, 2008.
24. Zhao, L., T. Cui, W.-D. Li, and , "An efficient algorithm for EM scattering by electrically large dielectric objects using MR-QEB iterative scheme and CG-FFT method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 67, 341-355, 2007.
25. Bingham, J. A. C., "Multicarrier modulation for data transmission: an idea whose time has come," IEEE Commun. Mag., Vol. 28, No. 5, 5-14, May 1990.