In this paper, a new method is proposed to avoid crowding phenomenon in extracting the permittivity of ferroelectric thin films. Polynomial curve fitting technique is used to determine the filling factor while the thickness of the thin film is very small. Conformal mapping (CM) combining with partial capacitance approach (PTA) is used to obtain the relationshipb etween the effective permittivity of multiplayer coplanar waveguide (CPW) and the permittivity of each layer. A CPW with a thin film layer is simulated and the permittivity of thin film is extracted, the results show that, by using the proposed method, the crowding phenomenon can be avoided successfully and the permittivity of thin films can be extracted accurately.
2. Chou, Y.-H., M.-J. Jeng, Y.-H. Lee, and Y.-G. Jan, "Measurement of RF PCB dielectric properties and losses," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 4, 139-148, 2008.
3. Challa, R. K., D. Kajfez, J. R. Gladden, A. Z. Elsherbeni, and V. Demir, "Permittivity measurement with a non-standard waveguide by using TRL calibration and fractional linear data fitting," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 2, 1-13, 2008.
4. Eldek, A. A., "Wideband 180。phase shifter using microstrip-CPW-microstrip transition," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 2, 177-187, 2008.
5. Yiddish, C., K. Gooney, M. Turkmen, and S. Kayak, "Neural models for coplanar strip line synthesis," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 69, 127-144, 2007.
6. Kumar, A. V. P., V. Hamsakutty, J. Yohannan, and K. T. Mathew, "Microstripline fed cylindrical dielectric resonator antenna with a coplanar parasitic IC strip," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 60, 143-152, 2006.
7. Saed, M. A., "Reconfigurable broadband microstripan tenna fed by a coplanar waveguide," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 55, 227-239, 2005.
8. Jiao, J.-J., G. Zhao, F.-S. hang, H.-W. Yuan, and Y.-C. Jiao, "A broadband CPW-FED T-shape slot antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 237-242, 2007.
9. Si, L.-M. and X. Lv, "CPW-FED multi-band omni-directional planar microstripan tenna using composite metamaterial resonators for wireless communications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 83, 133-146, 2008.
10. Song, Y., Y.-C. Jiao, G. Zhao, and F.-S. Zhang, "Multiband CPW-FED triangle-shaped monopole antenna for wireless applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 70, 329-336, 2007.
11. Liu, W.-C., "Optimal design of dualband CPW-FED Gshaped monopole antenna for WLAN application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 21-38, 2007.
12. Nedil, M., M. A. Habib, T. A. Denidni, and H. Boutayeb, "Quasimetallic-wall technique for increasing the efficiency of CB-CPW antennas ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 437-455, 2008.
13. Zhao, J. and J. MAO, "Characteristic analysis for CPW’s on thin substrate," Acta Electronica Sinica, Vol. 31, No. 12, Dec. 2003.
14. Ghione, G. and M. Goana, "Revisiting the partial-capacitance approach to the analysis of coplanar transmission lines on multilayered substrates," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 51, No. 9, Sept. 2003.