This paper describes a memory-reduced (MR) compact two-dimensional (2-D) order-marching time-domain (OMTD) method for full-wave analyses. To reduce memory requirements in the OMTD method, the divergence theorem is introduced to obtain a memory-efficient matrix equation. A lossy microstrip line is presented to validate the accuracy and efficiency of our algorithm.
2. Ali, M. and S. Sanyal, "FDTD analysis of dipole antenna as EMI sensor," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 69, 341-359, 2007.
3. Chen, Z.-H. and Q.-X. Chu, "FDTD modeling of arbitrary linear lumped networks using piecewise linear recursive convolution technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 73, 327-341, 2007.
4. Lei, J.-Z., C.-H. Liang, and Y. Zhang, "Study on shielding effectiveness of metallic cavities with apertures by combining parallel FDTD method with windowing technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 85-112, 2007.
5. Xiao, S.-Q., B.-Z.Wang, P. Du, and Z. Shao, "An enhanced FDTD model for complex lumped circuits," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 485-495, 2007.
6. Shreim, A. M. and M. F. Hadi, "Integral PML absorbing boundary conditions for the high-order M24 FDTD algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 141-152, 2007.
7. Afrooz, K., A. Abdipour, A. Tavakoli, and M. Movahhedi, "Time domain analysis of active transmission line using FDTD technique (application to microwave/MM-wave transistors)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 309-328, 2007.
8. Hu, X.-J. and D.-B. Ge, "Study on conformal FDTD for electromagnetic scattering by targets with thin coating," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 79, 305-319, 2008.
9. Su, D. Y., D.-M. Fu, and Z.-H. Chen, "Numerical modeling of active devices characterized by measured S-parameters in FDTD," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 381-392, 2008.
10. Mohammad Amjadi, S. and M. Soleimani, "Design of band-pass waveguide filter using frequency selective surfaces loaded with surface mount capacitors based on split-field update FDTD method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 3, 271-281, 2008.
11. Khajehpour, A. and S. A. Mirtaheri, "Analysis of pyramid EM wave absorber by FDTD method and comparing with capacitance and homogenization methods," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 3, 123-131, 2008.
12. Xiao, S., R. Vahldieck, and H. Jin, "Full-wave analysis of guided wave structures using a novel 2-D FDTD," IEEE Microwave Guided Wave Lett., Vol. 2, No. 5, 165-167, 1992.
13. Xiao, S. and R. Vahldieck, "An effcient 2-D FDTD algorithm using real variables," IEEE Microwave Guided Wave Lett., Vol. 3, No. 5, 127-129, 1993.
14. Chung, Y.-S., T. K. Sarkar, B. H. Jung, and M. Salazar-Palma, "An unconditionally stable scheme for the finite-difference time-domain method," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 51, No. 3, 697-704, 2003.
15. Shao, W., B.-Z. Wang, X.-H. Wang, and X.-F. Liu, "Effcient compact 2-D time-domain method with weighted Laguerre polynomials ," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 48, No. 3, 442-448, 2006.
16. Shao, W., B.-Z. Wang, and X.-F. Liu, "Complex variable technique in compact 2-D order-marching time-domain method," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 11, 1453-1460, 2007.
17. Kondylis, G. D., F. D. Flaviis, G. J. Pottie, and T. Itoh, "A memory-effcient formulation of the finite-difference time-domain method for the solution of Maxwell equations," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 49, No. 7, 1310-1320, 2001.
18. Yi, Y., B. Chen, W.-X. Sheng, and Y.-L. Pei, "A memory-effcient formulation of the unconditionally stable FDTD method for solving maxwell's equations," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat. , Vol. 55, No. 12, 3729-3733, 2007.
19. Zhao, A. P., J. Juntunen, and A. V. Ralsanen, "A generalized compact 2D FDTD model for the analysis of guided modes of anisotropic waveguides with arbitrary tensor permittivity," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 18, No. 5, 17-23, 1998.
20. Fujii, M. and S. Kobayashi, "Compact two-dimensional FD-TD analysis of attenuation properties of lossy microstrip lines," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp., 797-800, 1995.