A multifunctional meander line polarizer is described. The polarizer is capable of effecting conversions between linear and circular polarization and between left-hand and right-hand circular polarization. It can also cause arbitrary rotation of linear polarization, including converting a wave from horizontal polarization to vertical. The polarizer is analyzed by the spectral domain approach.
2. Chu, R. S., K. M. Lee, and , "Analytical model of multilayered meander-line polarizer plate with normal and oblique plane-wave incidence," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 35, 652-661, 1987.
3. Bhattacharyya, A. K. and T. J. Chwalek, "Analysis of multilayered meander line polarizer," Int. J. Microwave Millimeter-wave CAE, Vol. 7, 442-454, 1997.
4. Burgerf, H. A. and A. Division, "A dual polarized antenna system using a meanderline polarizer," IEEE Antennas Propag. Soc. Int. Symp. Dig., Vol. 16, 55-58, 1978.
5. Wu, T. K., "Meander-line polarizer for arbitrary rotation of linear polarization," IEEE Microwave Guided Wave Lett., Vol. 4, No. 6, 199-201, 1994.
6. Awasthi, S. K., U. Malaviya, S. P. Ojha, N. K. Mishra, and B. Singh, "Design of a tunable polarizer using a onedimensional nano sized photonic bandgap structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 5, 133-152, 2008.
7. Vacchione, J. D., Techniques for analysing planar, periodic, frequency selective surface systems, Ph.D. thesis, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1990.