A planar Dual Exponentially Tapered Slot Antenna(DETSA) is presented in this paper. The DETSA is simulated and designed with the sofware Ansoft HFSS. The dimensions of the antennas and the exponential functions of tapered slot are also described. To verify the design, the DETSA is fabricated and measured, good impedance matching over a very wide bandwidth is achieved, measured radiation patterns of the proposed antenna is compared with the simulated one, good agreement is observed.
2. Lee, J. J., S. Livingston, V. I. Jones, J. B. Lewis, H.-W. Yen, G. L. Tangonan, and M. Wechsberg, "Photonic wideband arrav antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 43, No. 9, 967-981, Sept. 1995.
3. Greenberg, M. C., K. L. Virga, and C. L. Hammond, "Performance characteristics of the dual exponentially taperd slot antenna (DETSA) for wireless communications applications," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 52, No. 2, 305-312, Mar. 2003.
4. Lee, J. J., S. Livingston, and R. Koenig, "Performance of a wideband (3-14 GHz) dual-pol array," IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 1, 551-554, June 2004.
5. Greenberg, M. C. and L. L. Virga, "Characterization and design methodology for the dual exponentially tapered slot antenna," IEEE Society International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 1, 88-91, Atlanta, GA, July 1999.
6. Lee, J. J., "Slotline impedance," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 39, No. 4, 666-672, Apr. 1991.
7. Mohammadian, A. H., A. Rajkotia, and S. S. Soliman, "Characterization of UWB transmit-receive antenna system," Proc. of Ultra Wideband Systems and Technologies, 157-161, 2003.
8. Licul, S., J. A. N. Noronha, W. A. Davis, D. G. Sweeney, C. R. Anderson, and T. M. Bielawa, "A parametric study of timedomain characteristics of possible UWB antenna architectures," Proc. of IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC 2003), Vol. 5, 3110-3114, 2003.
9. Lee, J. J., S. Livingston, R. Sauer, and G. Crandall, "A UHF wideband SAR antenna," IEEE International Conference in Phased Array Systems and Technology, 437-440, May 21-25, 2000.
10. Symeon, N., G. E. Ponchak, J. Papapolymerou, and M. M. Tentzeris, "Conformal double exponentially tapered slot antenna (DETSA) on LCP for UWB applications," IEEE Trans. on Anten. and Propagat., Vol. 54, 1663-1669, Jun. 2006.
11. Jordan, J. L., C. Chevalier, and G. E. Ponchak, "Characteristics of corrugated double exponentially tapered slot antenna," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 2575-2578, July 9-14, 2006.
12. Thompson, D. C., O. Tantot, H. Jallageas, G. E. Ponchak, M. M. Tentzeris, and J. Papapolymerou, "Characterization of liquid crystal polymer (LCP) material and transmission lines on LCP substrates from 30-110 GHz," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 52, No. 4, 1343-1352, April 2004.
13. Ren, W., J. Y. Deng, and K. S. Chen, "Compact PCB monopole antenna for UWB applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 10, 1411-1420, 2007.
14. Kanj, H. and M. Popovic, "A novel ultra-compact broadband antenna for microwave breast tumor detection," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 86, 169-198, 2008.
15. Yang, Y., Y. Wang, and A. E. Fathy, "Design of compact VIVALDI antenna arrays for UWB see through wall applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 82, 401-418, 2008.
16. Kharakhili, F. G., M. Fardis, G. Dadashzadeh, and A. Ahmadi, "Circular slot with a novel circular microstrip open ended microstrip feed for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 68, 161-167, 2007.
17. Marrocco, G., M. Migliorelli, and M. Ciattaglia, "Simultaneous time-frequency modeling of ultra-wideband antennas by two-dimensional hermite processing," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 68, 317-337, 2007.
18. Mehdipour, A., K. Mohammadpour-Aghdam, and R. Faraji-Dana, "Complete dispersion analysis of VIVALDI antenna for ultra wideband applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 85-96, 2007.