A quasi-lumped design of a suspended stripline (SSL) bandpass filter (BPF) exhibiting high signal selectivity is proposed. In the circuit, transmission zeros were implanted to enhance the stopband signal rejection. A sample BPF having an operation band of 6.77--7.33\,GHz was fabricated and measured for performance verification of the proposed design.
1. Rooney, J. P. and L. M. Underkofler, "Printed circuit integration of microwave filters," Microwave J., Vol. 21, No. 9, 68-73, Sep. 1978.
2. Menzel, W. and A. Balalem, "Quasi-lumped suspended stripline filters and diplexers," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 53, No. 10, 3230-3237, Oct. 2005. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2005.855139
3. Menzel, W., M. S. R. Tito, and L. Zhu, "Low-loss ultra-wideband (UWB) filters using suspended stripline," Proc. Asia-Pacific Microwave Conf., Vol. 4, 2148-2151, Dec. 2005.
4. Menzel, W., A novel miniature suspended stripline filter, European Microwave Conf. Dig., 1047-1050, Munich, Oct. 2003.
5. Lin, L.-J., M.-H. Ho, and W.-Q. Xu, "Design of compact suspended stripline bandpass filters with wide stopband," Microwave and Optical Technology Lett., Vol. 50, No. 4, 865-868, Apr. 2008. doi:10.1002/mop.23250
6. Xu, W.-Q., M.-H. Ho, and C.-I. G. Hsu, "Quasi-lumped design of UMTS diplexer using combined CPW and microstrip," Microwave and Optical Technology Lett., Vol. 51, No. 1, 150-152, Jan. 2009. doi:10.1002/mop.23952
7. Nosrati, M., T. Faraji, and Z. Atlasbaf, "A compact composite broad top-band ellipticfunction low-pass filter for ultra wideband applications using interdigital capacitors," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 7, 87-95, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIERL09011707
8. Wu, M.-S., Y.-Z. Chueh, J.-C. Yeh, and S.-G. Mao, "Synthesis of triple-band and quad-band bandpass filters using lumped-element coplanar waveguide resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 13, 433-451, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIERB09021302
9. Lin, L.-J., M.-H. Ho, and W.-Q. Xu, "Design of compact CPW bandpass filters with wide stopband," Microwave and Optical Technology Lett., Vol. 49, No. 4, 973-976, Apr. 2007. doi:10.1002/mop.22299