In this work, a polarisation agile antenna based on an array of two injection locked oscillators is presented. The proposed topology provides a theoretical relative phase shift range of 360 degrees between the output signals, which can be easily controlled through two DC voltages. The behaviour of the system is studied, both through simulations and measurements of the manufactured prototype, focusing on the joint performance of the oscillators. The data transmission capabilities of the system are analysed, proposing a solution for phase modulated signals.
2. Wu, W., B. Z. Wang, and S. Sun, "Pattern reconfigurable microstrip patch antenna," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 1, 107-113, 2005.
3. Wu, W. and Y. H. Bi, "Switched-beam planar fractal antenna," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 3, 409-415, 2006.
4. Chen, Y. B., T. B. Chen, Y. C. Jiao, and F. S. Zhang, "A reconfigurable microstrip antenna with switchable polarization," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 10, 1391-1398, 2006.
5. Vazquez, C., S. Ver Hoeye, G. Leon, M. Fernandez, L. F. Herran, and F. Las Heras, "Transmitting polarisation agile microstrip antenna based on injection locked oscillators," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 17/18, 2427-2437, 2008.
6. Yen, S.-C. and T.-H. Chu, "A beam-scanning and polarizationagile antenna array using mutually coupled oscillating doublers," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 53, No. 12, 4051-4057, 2005.
7. Kykkotis, C., P. Hall, and H. Ghafouri-Shiraz, "Active antenna oscillator arrays in communication systems," Microw. Symp. Dig., 1997 IEEE MTT-S Int., Vol. 2, 591-594, 1997.
8. Ver Hoeye, S., A. Suarez, and J. Portilla, "Techniques for oscillator nonlinear optimization and phase-noise analysis using commercial harmonic balance software," Microw. Symp. Dig., 2000 IEEE MTT-S Int., Vol. 1, 95-98, 2000.
9. Ver Hoeye, S., L. F. Herran, M. Fernandez, and F. Las Heras, "Design and analysis of a microwave large-range variable phaseshifter based on an injection-locked harmonic self-oscillating mixer," IEEE Microwave Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 16, No. 6, 342-344, 2006.
10. Ver Hoeye, S., A. Suarez, and S. Sancho, "Analysis of noise effects on the nonlinear dynamics of synchronized oscillators," Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, IEEE,, Vol. 11, No. 9, 376-378, 2001.