A CPW-fed circular slot antenna with a slot on a ground conductor is presented for harmonic suppression. The antenna has a multi-band rejection characteristic where the second and higher rejection bands are integer-multiple of the first band, and this is generated by inserting single slot on a ground conductor of the antenna. Good agreement between the simulated and measured results is reported and the integer-multiple notch bands can be adjustable by changing the length of the slot on the ground plane.
2. Lee, W.-S., D.-Z. Kim, K.-J. Kim, and J.-W. Yu, "Wideband planar monopole antennas with dual band-notched characteristics," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 54, No. 6, 2800-2806, Jun. 2006.
3. Ding, J., Z. Lin, and Z. Ying, "A compact ultra-wideband slot antenna with multiple notch frequency bands," Microwave and Optical Tech. Lett., Vol. 49, 3056-3060, 2007.
4. Liu, J., S. Gong, Y. Xu, X. Zhang, C. Feng, and N. Qi, "Compact printed ultra-wideband monopole antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," Electron. Lett., Vol. 44, No. 12, 1106-1107, Jun. 2008.
5. Zhang, Y., W. Hong, C. Yu, Z.-Q. Kuai, Y.-D. Don, and J.-Y. Zhou, "Planar ultrawideband antennas with multiple notched bands based on etched slots on the patch and/or split ring resonators on the feed line," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 9, 2063-2068, Sep. 2008.
6. Li, X., L. Yang, S.-X. Gong, and Y.-J. Yang, "Ultra-wideband monopole antenna with four-band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 6, 27-34, 2009.
7. Chang, K., R. A. York, P. S. Hall, and T. Itoh, "Active integrated antenna," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 50, No. 3, 937-944, March 2003.
8. Horii, Y. and M. Tsutusmi, "Harmonic control by photonic bandgap on microstrip patch antenna," IEEE Microwave & Guided Wave Lett., Vol. 9, No. 1, 13-15, January 1999.
9. Radisic, V., Y. Quan, and T. Itoh, "Class F power amplifier integrated with circular sector microstrip antenna," IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, Vol. 2, 687-690, June 8-13, 1997.
10. Kim, H. R., K. S. Hwang, K. K. Chang, and Y. J. Yoon, "A novel slot antenna for harmonic suppression ," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, 2003.
11. Choi, D. H., Y. J. Cho, and S. O. Park, A broadband T-shaped microstrip-line-fed slot antenna with harmonic suppression, Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, 2005.