We propose a novel UWB bandpass filter (BPF) design using the suspended stripline (SSL). The filter composes of a lowpass and a high-pass circuit, both implemented by SSL structures. A notch response structure might be implemented to the filter by embedding a resonant slotline. The quasi-lumped elements circuit models were developed to analyze these circuits' performance. Experiments were conducted, and good agreements were observed between the measurements and simulations.
2. Singh, P. K., S. Basu, and Y.-H. Wang, "Planar ultra-wideband bandpass filter using edge coupled microstrip lines and stepped impedance open stub," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 9, 649-651, Sept. 2007.
3. Menzel, W., M. S. R. Tito, and L. Zhu, "Low-loss ultra-wideband (UWB) filters using suspended stripline," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conf. Proc. (APMC'05), Vol. 1, 2148-2151, Dec. 2005.
4. Chen, H. and Y. Zhang, "A novel and compact UWB bandpass filter using microstrip fork-form resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 273-280, 2007.
5. Naghshvarian-Jahromi, M. and M. Tayarani, "Miniature planar UWB bandpass filters with circular slots in ground," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 3, 87-93, 2008.
6. Hsu, W.-H. and M.-H. Ho, "Bandstop filter design using the suspended stripline structure," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conf. Proc. (APMC'08), Vol. A2-06, Dec. 2008.
7. Bahl, I. and P. Bhartia, Microwave Solid State Circuit Design, 2nd Ed., Vol. 6, John Wiley & Sons, N. J., 2003.