In this paper, a wideband planar dipole antenna is proposed. Compared to conventional dipole antennas, this antenna has wideband impedance matching, simple structure and compact size. From EM simulations, dimensions of antennas are chosen for better performance. For verification, this newly proposed structure is fabricated and measured. It is shown that return loss of the antenna between 2.5 GHz and 8.0 GHz is better than -10 dB.
2. Ren, Y. J. and K. Chang, "Ultra-wideband planar elliptical ring antenna," Electron. Lett., Vol. 42, No. 8, 447-448, 2006.
3. Schantz, H. G., "Planar elliptical element ultrawideband dipole antennas," EEE Antennas Propagat. Soc. Int. Symp., Vol. 3, 44-47, 2002.
4. Lee, S. H., J. K. Park, and J. N. Lee, "A novel CPW-fed ultra wideband antenna design," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 44, No. 5, 393-396, 2005.
5. Qiu, J. M., Z. W. Du, J. H. Lu, and K. Gong, "A band-notched UWB antenna," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 45, No. 2, 152-154, 2005.
6. Kim, K. H., Y. J. Cho, S. H. Hwang, and S. O. Park, "Band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna with two parasitic patches," Electron. Lett., Vol. 41, No. 14, 783-785, 2005.
7. Li, W.-T., X.-W. Shi, and W.-L. Li, "A novel spade-shaped ultrawide and antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 13, 1455-1465, 2009.
8. Chen, D. and C. H. Cheng, "A novel compact ultra-wideband (UWB) wide slot antenna with via holes," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 94, 343-349, 2009.
9. Tefiku, F. and C. A. Grimes, "Design of broad-band and dual-band antennas comprised of series-fed printed-strip dipole pairs," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 48, No. 6, 895-900, Jun. 2000.
10. Ma, T.-G. and S.-K. Jeng, "A printed dipole antenna with tapered slot feed for ultrawide-band applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 11, 3833-3836, Nov. 2005.
11. Park, Y.-J. and J.-H. Song, "Development of ultra wideband planar stepped-fat dipole antenna," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 9, 1698-1701, 2006.
12. Lu, Y.-M., X.-X. Yang, and G.-X. Zheng, "Analysis on a novel ultra-wide bandwidth antenna of double printed circular disk," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 49, No. 2, 311-314, Feb. 2007.
13. Gueguen, E., F. Thudor, and P. Chambelin, "A low cost UWB printed dipole antenna with high performance ultra-wideband," ICU 2005. IEEE International Conference, 89-92, Sep. 5-8, 2005.
14. Zheng, G., A. A. Kishk, A. W. Glisson, and A. B. Yakovlev, "A broadband printed bow-tie antenna with a simplified balanced feed," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 47, No. 6, 534-536, 2005.
15. Eldek, A. A., A. Z. Elsherbeni, and C. E. Smith, "Wide-band modified printed bow-tie antenna with single and dual polarization for C- and X-band applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 9, 3067-3072, Sep. 2005.
16. Zhang, J.-P., Y.-S. Xu, and W.-D. Wang, "Microstrip-fed semi-elliptical dipole antennas for ultrawideband communications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 56, No. 1, Jan. 2008.
17. Mao, S.-G., C.-H. Chan, C.-I. G. Hsu, and D.-C. Chang, "A series-fed printed-bowtie antenna with broadband characteristics and end-fire radiation," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, 2001, Vol. 2, 926-929, Dec. 2001.