In this paper, a low cost measurement system with high accuracy for radiated emission evaluation has been proposed. By combining the test data of the current probe at different positions on the harness, the measurement accuracy is improved compared with conventional single probe method For the sake of high accuracy, a transfer function is built to map the relationship between anechoic chamber method and current probe method. Based on experiments for evaluation, the final estimation of radiated emission agrees well with the measured results in anechoic chamber. For the cases tested, the difference between the current probe method and the anechoic chamber method is less than 3 dB.
1. Paul, C. R., Introduction to EMC, 466-474, Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1992.
2. Colotti, J., "EMC design fundamentals," IEEE Systems, Applications and Technology Conference, LISAT 2006, 5-5, Long Island, May 2006.
3. Goedbloed, J. J., "Uncertainties in EMC compliance testing," IEE Colloquium on the Implication of Measurement Uncertainties for EMC Testing, No. 116, June 11, 1997.
4. CISPR 25, "Radio disturbance characteristics for the protection of receivers used on boardvehicles, boats, and on devices --- limits and methods of measurement," International Electrotechnical Commission, August 2002.
5. Harima, K., "Radiated emission measurement of small EUT by using a reverberation chamber," IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, May 2003.
6. Rebholz, H. and S. Tenbohlen, "In°uence of automotive harness on conducted emissions," 20th International Zurich Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, January 2009.
7. O'Hara, M. and J. Colebrook, "Automotive EMC test harnesses: standard lengths and their e®ect on conducted emissions," IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility , Vol. 1, 233-236, 2003.
8. Rebholz, H. and S. Tenbohlen, "A fast radiated emission model for arbitrary cable harness con¯gurations based on measurements and simulations," IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, August 2008.
9. FEKO User's Manual Suite 5.2 August 2006, , EM Software Systems GmbH.
10. Bockelman, D. and W. Eisenstadt, "Combined differential and common-mode scattering parameters: Theory and simulation," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 43, No. 7, July 1995.
11. Huang, Z., W. Chen, Z. Feng, K.Toyama, and K. Teshima, "Development of low cost radiated emission measurement system," International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology, 1829-1832, May 2010. doi:10.1109/ICMMT.2010.5524864
12. Man, Y., J. Gong, H. Chen, Y. Jiang, and Y. Hu, "Design optimization of control parameters for strapdown line-of-sight stable tracking platform based on the Taguchi method," Chinese Control and Decision Conference (CCDC2009), 2009.
13. Stuart, P. G., Taguchi Methods: A Hands-on Approach to Quality Engineering, 4th printing, March 1995.