An open L-slot antenna with triple-band operation for WLAN and WiMAX applications has been designed and implemented with a slit and a strip, which can be used to generate two band-rejected characteristics. Both the strip and the slit play a very important role in suppressing the dispensable bands. By adjusting the dimensions of the slit and strip, the proposed antenna shows three separated operation frequencies with a bandwidth of 14% from 2.24 to 2.58 GHz, a bandwidth of 19% from 3.02 to 3.66 GHz, and a bandwidth of 10% from 5.62 to 6.21 GHz, respectively. Detailed designs and experimental results are reported in this paper.
1. Kuo, Y.-L. and K.-L Wong, "Printed double-T monopole antenna for 2.4/5.2 GHz dual-band WLAN operations," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 51, 2187-2191, 2003. doi:10.1109/TAP.2003.816391
2. Zhang, L.-N., S.-S. Zhong, X.-L. Liang, and C.-H. Li, "Compact meander monopole antenna for tri-band WLAN application," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 49, No. 4, 986-988, April 2007. doi:10.1002/mop.22314
3. Liu, W.-C., "Optimal design of dual band CPW-FED G-shaped monopole antenna for WLAN application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 21-38, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07041401
4. Song, Y., Y.-C. Jiao, G. Zhao, and F.-S. Zhang, "Multiband CPW-FED triangle-shaped monopole antenna for wireless applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 70, 329-336, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07020201
5. Si, L.-M. and X. Lv, "CPW-FED multi-band omni-directional planar microstrip antenna using composite metamaterial resonators for wireless communications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 83, 133-146, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08050404
6. Lin, D.-B., I.-T. Tang, and Y.-Y. Chang, "Flower-like CPW-FED monopole antenna for quad-band operation of mobile handsets," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 17-18, 2271-2278, 2009. doi:10.1163/156939309790416116
7. Thomas, K.-G. and M. Sreenivasan, "Compact triple band antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Electronic Letters, Vol. 45, No. 16, July 2009.
8. Srifi, M.-N., V.-K. Palukuru, M. Essaaidi, and H. Jantunen, "Compact planar monopole antenna for 3G and UWB applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, No. 8, 1939-1942, August 2009. doi:10.1002/mop.24462
9. Rmili, H., J.-L. Miane, J.-M. Floch, and H. Zangar, "Design of multi and wideband 3D fractal monopole antenna for wireless operations in L- and S-bands," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, No. 8, 1976-1979, August 2009. doi:10.1002/mop.24460
10. Liu, Z.-Y., Y.-Z. Yin, L.-H. Wen, W.-C. Xiao, Y. Wang, and S.-L. Zuo, "A Y-shaped tri-band monopole antenna with a parasitic M-strip for PCS and WLAN applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 8-9, 1219-1227, 2010. doi:10.1163/156939310791586089
11. Hu, W., Y.-Z. Yin, X. Yang, K. Song, Z.-Y. Liu, and L.-H. Wen, "A wide open U-slot antenna with a pair of symmetrical L-strips for WLAN application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 16, 141-149, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERL10062906
12. Latif, S.-I., L. Shafai, and S.-K. Sharma, "Bandwidth enhance-ment and size reduction of microstrip slot antennas," IEEE Transation on Antennas Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 3, 994-1003, 2005. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.842674
13. Chen, W.-S. and K.-Y. Ku, "Broadband design of non-symmetric ground λ/4 open slot antenna with small size," Microwave Journal, Vol. 50, 110-121, 2007.
14. Song, K., Y.-Z. Yin, S.-T. Fan, Y.-Z. Wang, and L. Zhang, "Open L-slot antenna with rotated rectangular patch for bandwidth enhancement," Electronics Letters, Vol. 45, No. 25, 2009. doi:10.1049/el.2009.2284