A new indoor facility for electromagnetic tests is presented and used here for the specific case of bistatic radar cross section (RCS) measurements. A metallic cube is selected as test case and the results are compared with the predictions obtained with different numerical methods. Good agreement is reported.
2. Paterson , J., "Overview of low observable technology and its effects on combat aircraft survivability," Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 36, No. 2, 380-388, 1999.
3. Chung, B. K. , H. T. Chuah, and J. W. Bredow, "A microwave anechoic chamber for radar-cross section measurement," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 39, No. 3, 21-26, 1997.
4. Lane, T. L., N. T. Alexander, and C. A. Blevins, "The bistatic coherent measurement system (BICOMS)," The Record of the IEEE Radar Conference, 154-159, 1999.
5. Chevalier , Y., P. Minvielle, F. Degery, and P. Brisset, "Indoor spherical 3D RCS near-field facility," Annual Meeting of the Antenna Measurement Techniques Association, AMTA, 2007.
6. Leou, J. L. and H. J. Li, "Evaluation of bistatic far-field quantities from near-field measurements," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 25, 167-188, 2000.
7. Li , N.-J. , C.-F. Hu, L.-X. Zhang, and J.-D. Xu, "Overview of RCS extrapolation techniques to aircraft targets," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 9, 249-262, 2008.
8. Poyatos-Martinez, D., D. Escot-Bocanegra, E. de Diego-Custodio, I. Gonzalez-Diego, F. Saez de Adana, and I. Montiel-Sanchez, "Application of a spherical multi-purpose facility to the selection of the appropriate radome for an on-board pod antenna," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 8-9, 1243-1252, 2011.
9. Escot, D. , D. Poyatos, J. A. Aguilar, I. Montiel, I. Gonzalez, and F. Saez de Adana, "Indoor 3D full polarimetric bistatic spherical facility for electromagnetic tests," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 52, No. 4, 112-118, 2010.
10. Trouve, N., E. Colin-Koeniguer, P. Fargette, and A. De Martino, "Influence of geometrical configurations and polarization basis de¯nitions on the analysis of bistatic polarimetric measurements," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 49, No. 6, 2238-2250, 2011.
11. Penno, R. P., G. A. Thiele, and K. M. Pasala, "Scattering from a perfectly conducting cube," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 77, No. 5, 815-823, 1989.