In this paper, a novel miniaturized branch-line coupler (BLC) operating at 1.675 GHz is proposed. Partially meandered lines and dual transmission lines equivalent technology are used as the coupler's shunt arms, producing significant reduction by more than 68% compared with the conventional coupler. Moreover, the coupler can equally divide the input signal with 90° phase of difference while maintaining the initial power from the source with a simple structure. The simulated and measured results are in good agreement. Thereby verifying the design concept.
2. Zhu, J., Y. Zhou, and J. Liu, "Miniaturization of broadband 3-dB branch-line coupler," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 24, 169-176, 2011.
3. Meany, P., "A novel branch line coupler design for millimeterwave applications," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp., Vol. 1, 585-588, 1990.
4. Liao, S.-S., P.-T. Sun, and N.-C. Chin, "A novel compact-size branch-line coupler," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, No. 9, September 2005.
5. Jizat, N. M., S. K. A. Rahim, and T. A. Rahman, "Miniaturized size of dual-band-meandered branch-line coupler for WLAN application," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 53, No. 11, November 2011.
. Elhiwaris, M. Y. O. and S. K. A. Rahim, "Miniaturized size branch line coupler using open stubs with high-low impedances," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 23, 65-74, 2011.
7. Settaluri, R. K., G. Sundberg, A. Weisshaar, and V. K. Tripathi, "Compact folded line rat-race hybrid couplers," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Technology, Vol. 10, No. 2, 61-63, February 2000.
8. Nosrati, M. and S. K. Valashani, "A novel compact branch-line coupler using four coupled transmission lines," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 50, No. 6, June 2008.
9. Chen, D.-Z., X.-W. Shi, Y.-Y. Yang, and F. Wei, "Compact microstrip parallel coupler with high isolation," Electronic Letters, Vol. 44, No. 12.
10. Fooks, E. H., Microwave Engineering Using Microstrip Circuits, Prentice Hall, New York, 1990.
11. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, 2nd Ed., Wiley, New York, 1998.