In this paper, a miniature ultrawideband (UWB) bandpass filter with dual notch bands and wide upper stopband is presented. The ultrawide passband characteristic is achieved using a microstrip to slot line transition, and a wide upper stop band is realized using an elliptical lowpass filter. The dual band notches at 5.46 GHz and 8.04 GHz are obtained by incorporating defected microstrip structure in the input and output section. A prototype of the proposed UWB bandpass filter is fabricated and measured. The equivalent circuit of the proposed filter is also presented. A good agreement between the measured, EM simulated and circuit simulated responses is obtained.
2. Sun, S. and L. Zhu, "Multimode resonator based band pass filters," IEEE Microwave Magazine,, 88-98, Apr. 2009.
3. Hao, Z.-C. and J.-S. Hong, "Ultrawideband filter technologies," IEEE Microwave Magazine, 56-68, Jun. 2010.
4. Chen, H. and Y.-X. Zhang, "A novel and compact UWB bandpass filter using microstrip fork-form resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 273-280, 2007.
5. Zhu, L., S. Sun, and W. Menzel, "Ultra-wideband (UWB) bandpass filters using multiple-mode resonator," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, No. 11, 796-798, Nov. 2005.
6. Wang, H., L. Zhu, and W. Menzel, "Ultra-wideband bandpass filter with hybrid microstrip/CPW structure," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, No. 12, 844-846, Dec. 2005.
7. Razalli, M. S., A. Ismail, M. A. Mahdi, and M. N. Hamidon, "Novel compact microstrip ultra-wideband filter utilizing short-circuited stubs with less vias," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 88, 91-104, 2008.
8. Zhang, Z. X. and F. Xiao, "An UWB bandpass filter based on a novel type of multi-mode resonator," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 22, No. 10, 506-508, Oct. 2012.
9. Deng, H.-W., Y.-J. Zhao, X.-S. Zhang, L. Zhang, and S.-P. Gao, "Compact quintuple-mode UWB band pass filter with good out-of-band rejection," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,, Vol. 14, 111-117, 2010.
10. Yang, G.-M., R. Jin, C. Vittoria, V. G. Harrisand, and N. X. Sun, "Small ultra wideband (UWB) band pass filter with notch band," EEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 18, No. 3, 176-178, Mar. 2008.
11. Weng, M.-H., C.-T. Liauh, H.-W. Wu, and S. R. Vargas, "An ultra-wideband bandpass filter with an embedded open-circuited stub structure to improve in-band performance," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 19, No. 3, 146-148, Mar. 2009.
12. Ghazali, A. N. and S. Pal, "Analysis of a small UWB filter with notch and improved stopband," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 34, 147-156, 2012.
13. Kim, C. H. and K. Chang, "Ultra-wideband (UWB) ring resonator bandpass filter with a notched band," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 21, No. 4, 206-208, Apr. 2011.
14. Song, K. J. and Q. Xue, "Compact ultra-wideband (UWB) bandpass filters with multiple notched bands," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 20, No. 8, 447-449, Aug. 2010.
15. Huang, J.-Q., Q.-X. Chu, and C.-Y. Liu, "Compact UWB filter based on surface-coupled structure with dual notched bands," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 106, 311-319, 2010.
16. Sarkar, P., R. Ghatak, M. Pal, and D. R. Poddar, "Compact UWB bandpass filter with dual notch bands using open circuited stubs," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 22, No. 9, 453-455, Sept. 2012.