New multiband integrated slot antennas for mobile handsets are presented for GSM, DCS, PCS and WCDMA, GPS and WIFI 2.4 GHz. Prototypes, both simulated and measured, are realised in the metal back cover away from the hand. Perturbations due to tissue proximity are simulated using a CTIA compliant hand phantom.
2. Qing, X. and Z. N. Chen, "Proximity effects of metallic environments on high frequency RFID reader antenna: Study and applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 11, Part 1, 3105-3111, 2007.
3. Raumonen, P., L. Sydanheimo, L. Ukkonen, M. Keskilammi, and M. Kivikoski, "Folded dipole antenna near metal plate," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Vol. 1, 2003.
4. Wong, K.-L. and P.-J. Ma, "Small-size internal antenna for LTE/WWAN operation in the laptop computer," International Conference on Applications of Electromagnetism and Student Innovation Competition Awards (AEM2C), 2010.
5. Wong, K.-L. and L.-C. Lee, "Multiband printed monopole slot antenna for WWAN operation in the laptop computer," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 2, 324-330, 2009.
6. Chu, L. J., "Physical limitations of omni-directional antennas," Applied Physics, Vol. 19, 1163-1175, 1948.
7. Collin, R. E. and S. Rothschild, "Evaluation of antenna Q," IEEE Transactions on Antennas Propagation, Vol. 12, No. 1, 23-27, Jan. 1964.
8. Gustafsson, M. and S. Nordebo, "Bandwidth, Q factor, and resonance models of antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 62, 1-20, 2006.
9. Yaghjian, A. D. and S. R. Best, "Impedance, bandwidth, and Q of antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 4, 1298-1324, 2005.
10. Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory Analysis and Design, 2nd Ed., Section 14.7, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1996.
11. Jasik, H., Antenna Engineering Handbook, Chapters 8 and 9, McGraw-Hill, 1961.
12. Zhang, H., J. Wang, and X. Yin, "Study on feed configurations of wideband slot antenna," Asia-Paci¯c Microwave Conference, 2008.
13. Chiou, J.-Y., J.-Y. Sze, and K.-L. Wong, "A broad-band CPW-fed strip-loaded square slot antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 51, No. 4, 719-721, 2003.
14. Liu, Y., Z. Shen, and C. L. Law, "A compact dual-band cavity-backed slot antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 5, No. 1, 4-6, 2006.
15. Gao, G.-P., M. Li, S.-F. Niu, X.-J. Li, B.-N. Li, and J.-S. Zhang, "Study of a novel wideband circular slot antenna having frequency band-notched function," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 96, 141-154, 2009.
16. Garg, R., P. Bhartia, I. Bahl, and A. Ittipiboon, Microstrip Antenna Design Handbook, Section 7.2, Artech House, 2001.
17. Zhao, A. P. and J. Rahola, "Quarter-wavelength wideband slot antenna for 3-5 GHz mobile applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 4, 421-424, 2005.
18. Sharma, S. K. and L. Shafai, "Investigation of wide-band microstrip slot antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 52, No. 3, 865-872, Mar. 2004.