A novel compact single-feed circularly-polarized (CP) microstrip patch antenna is proposed for CNSS dual-band application. The antenna comprises a square patch with embedded four symmetrical C-slots parallel to the edges and a slit in the center. The dual resonance frequencies (1616 MHz and 2492 MHz) can be separately controlled by the square patch and the C-slots. The CP characteristics is mainly achieved by adjusting the slit length. The antenna has a low profile and a small size. Details of design and results for the proposed antenna are presented and discussed.
2. Pozar, D. M. and S. M. Duffy, "A dual-band circularly polarized aperture-coupled stacked microstrip antenna for global positioning satellite," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 45, No. 11, 1618-1625, 1997.
3. Du, S., Q. X. Chu, and W. Liao, "Dual-band circularly polarized stacked square microstrip antenna with small frequency ratio," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 11-12, 1599-1608, 2010.
4. Sun, X. Y., Z. J. Zhang, and Z. H. Feng, "Dual-band circularly polarized stacked annular-ring patch antenna for GPS application," IEEE Antenna and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 10, 49-52, 2011.
5. Row, J. S., "Dual-frequency circularly polarized annular-ring microstrip antenna," Electronics Letters, Vol. 40, No. 3, 153-154, 2004.
6. Zhou, L., S. Liu, Y. Wei, Y. Chen, and N. Gao, "Dual-band circularly-polarised antenna based on complementary two turns spiral resonator," Electronics Letters, Vol. 46, No. 14, 970-971, 2010.
7. Bao, X. L. and M. J. Ammann, "Dual-frequency circularly-polarized patch antenna with compact size and small frequency ratio," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 7, 2104-2107, 2007.
8. Yang, K. P. and K. L. Wong, "Dual-band circularly-polarized square microstrip antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 49, No. 3, 377-382, 2001.
9. Hsieh, G. B., M. H. Chen, and K. L. Wong, "Single-feed dual-band circularly polarised microstrip antenna," Electronics Letters, Vol. 34, No. 12, 1170-1171, 1998.