In this letter, a novel microstrip-fed monopole ultrawideband (UWB) antenna with triple notched band is proposed. By embedding a novel modified capacitively loaded loop (CLL) resonator beside the microstrip feed line, band-rejected filtering properties in 3.3-3.6 GHz for WiMAX, 5.15-5.825 GHz for WLAN, and 7.25-8.295 GHz for the X-band satellite is generated. The notched frequencies can be adjusted according to specification by altering the parameters of the modified CLL resonator. Both the experimental and simulated results of the proposed antenna are presented, indicating that the antenna is a good candidate for various UWB applications.
2. Nguyen, D. T., D. H. Lee, and H. C. Park, "Very compact printed triple band-notched UWB antenna with quarter-wavelength slots," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 411-414, 2012.
3. Azim, R. and M. T. Islam, "Compact planar UWB antenna with band notch characteristics for WLAN and DSRC," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 133, 391-406, 2013.
4. Hu, Y.-S., M. Li, G.-P. Gao, J.-S. Zhang, and M.-K. Yang, "A double-printed trapezoidal patch dipole antenna for UWB applications with band-notched characteristic," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 103, 259-269, 2010.
5. Chu, Q. X. and Y. Y. Yang, "3.5/5.5 GHz dual band-notch ultra-wide-band antenna," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, No. 3, 172-174, 2008.
6. Li, W. T., Y. Q. Hei, W. Feng, and X. W. Shi, "Planar antenna for 3G/Bluetooth/WiMAX and UWB applications with dual band-notched characteristics," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 611-614, 2012.
7. Li, C. M. and L. H. Ye, "Improved dual band-notched UWB slot antenna with controllable notched bandwidths," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 115, 477-493, 2011.
8. Zhu, F., S. Gao, A. T. S. Ho, C. H. See, R. A. Abd-Alhameed, J. Li, and J. Xu, "Design and analysis of planar ultra-wideband antenna with dual band-notched function," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 127, 523-526, 2012.
9. Weng, Y. F., S. W. Cheung, and T. I. Yuk, "Design of multiple band-notch using meander lines for compact ultra-wide band antennas," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 6, No. 8, 908-914, 2012.
10. Lin, C.-C., P. Jin, and R. W. Ziolkowski, "Single, dual and tri-band-notched ultrawideband (UWB) antennas using capacitively loaded loop (CLL) resonators," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 1, 102-109, 2012.
11. Sung, Y., "UWB monopole antenna with two notched bands based on the folded stepped impedance resonator," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 500-502, 2012.
12. Emadian, S. R., C. Ghobadi, J. Nourinia, M. H. Mirmozafari, and J. Pourahmadazar, "Bandwidth enhancement of CPW-fed circle-like slot antenna with dual band-notched characteristic," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 543-546, 2012.
13. Zaker, R., C. Ghobadi, and J. Nourinia, "Bandwidth enhancement of novel compact single and dual band-notched printed monopole antenna with a pair of L-shaped slots," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 12, 3978-3983, 2009.
14. Islam, M. T., R. Azim, and A. T. Mobashsher, "Triple band-notched planar UWB antenna using parasitic strips," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 129, 161-179, 2012.
15. Tang, W. and J.-S. Hong, "Coupled stepped-impedance-resonator bandstop filter," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 4, No. 9, 1283-1289, 2010.
16. Sanchez-Soriano, M. A., E. Bronchalo, and G. Torregrosa-Penalva, "Compact UWB bandpass filter based on signal interference techniques," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 19, 692-694, 2009.
17. Feng, W. and W. Che, "Novel ultra-wideband bandpass filter using shorted coupled lines and transversal transmission line," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 20, 548-550, 2010.