The Omnidirectional reflection characteristics of one-dimensional (1D) superconducting-dielectric binary graded photonic crystals (PhCs) are studied by using transfer matrix method. The influences of thickness changing rate, numbers of periods, incident angles are analyzed. And the omnidirectional photonic band gaps are extended markedly in the 1D thickness-graded superconducting-dielectric PhC.
2. Wiersma, D. S., R. Sapienza, S. Mujumdar, M. Colocci, M. Ghulinyan, and L. Pavesi, "Optics of nanostructured dielectrics," Journal of Optics A - Pure and Applied Optics, Vol. 7, S190-S197, 2005.
3. Bonifacio, L. D., B. V. Lotsch, D. P. Puzzo, F. Scotognella, and G. A. Ozin, "Stacking the nanochemistry deck: Structural and compositional diversity in one-dimensional photonic crystals," Advanced Materials, Vol. 21, 1641-1646, 2009.
4. Scotognella, F., "Four-material one dimensional photonic crystals," Optical Materials, Vol. 34, 1610-1613, 2012.
5. Joannopoulos, J. D., R. D. Meade, and J. N. Winn, Photonic Crystals: Molding the Flow of Light, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, 1995.
6. Lu, Y. H., M. D. Huang, S. Y. Park, P. J. Kim, T. U. Nahm, Y. P. Lee, and J. Y. Rhee, "Controllable switching behavior of defect modes in one-dimensional heterostructure photonic crystals," Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 101, 036110, 2007.
7. Awasthi, S. K., U. Malaviya, S. P. Ojha, N. K. Mishra, and B. Singh, "Design of a tunable polarizer using a one-dimensional nano sized photonic bandgap structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B,, Vol. 5, 133-152, 2008.
8. Hsu, H.-T., T.-W. Chang, T.-J. Yang, B.-H. Chu, and C.-J. Wu, "Analysis of wave properties in photonic crystal narrowband filters with left-handed defect," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 16, 2285-2298, 2010.
9. Winn, N., Y. Fink, S. Fan, and J. D. Joannopoulos, "Omnidirectional reflection from a one-dimensional photonic crystal," Optics Letters, Vol. 23, 1573-1575, 1998.
10. Wu, C.-J., B.-H. Chu, M.-T. Weng, and H.-L. Lee, "Enhancement of bandwidth in a chirped quarter-wave dielectric mirror," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 4, 437-447, 2009.
11. Wang, X., X. Hu, Y. Li, W. Jia, C. Xu, X. Liu, and J. Zi, "Enlargement of omnidirectional total reflection frequency range in one-dimensional photonic crystals by using photonic heterostructures," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 80, 4291-4293, 2002.
12. Wu, C.-J., Y.-N. Rao, and W.-H. Han, "Enhancement of photonic band gap in a disordered quarter-wave dielectric photonic crystal," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 100, 27-36, 2010.
13. Li, H., H. Chen, and X. Qiu, "Bandgap extension of disordered 1D binary photonic crystals," Physics B, Vol. 279, 164-167, 2000.
14. Dai, X. Y., Y. J. Xiang, and S. C.Wen, "Broad omnidirectional reflector in the one-dimensional tenary photonic crystals containing superconductor," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 120, 17-34, 2011.
15. Prasad, S., V. Singh, and A. K. Singh, "Modal propagation characteristics of EM waves internary one-dimensional plasma photonic crystals," Optik, Vol. 121, 1520-1528, 2010.
16. Wu, X.-K., S.-B. Liu, H.-F. Zhang, C.-Z. Li, and B.-R. Bian, "Omnidirectional photonic band gap of one-dimensional ternary plasma photonic crystals," Journal of Optics, Vol. 13, 035101, 2011.
17. Wu, C.-J., C.-L. Liu, and T.-J. Yang, "Investigation of photonic band structure in a one-dimensional superconducting photonic crystal," Journal of the Optical Society America B, Vol. 26, 2089-2094, 2009.
18. Van Duzer, T. and C. W. Turner, Principles of Superconductive Devices and Circuits, Chapter 3, Edward Arnold, London, 1981.
19. Raymond Ooi, C. H. and T. C. Au Yeung, "Polariton gap in a superconductor-dielectric superlattice," Physics Letters A, Vol. 259, 413-419, 1999.
20. Yeh, P., Optical Waves in Layered Media, Chapter 6, Wiley, New York, 1988.