An ultra-wideband (UWB) antenna with triple band-notched characteristics is presented in this paper. The triple-notched bands (5.15-5.35 GHz and 5.725-5.825 GHz for WLAN, 7.9-8.395 GHz for X-band) are achieved by using only one novel composite resonator with multiple resonant characteristics. The resonator is placed on the back surface of the substrate and connected to the radiation patch through one via-hole. An equivalent circuit model is built for analyzing the band-notched characteristics. Moreover, the notched bands can be adjusted independently, and the resonator structure is very compact.
2. Trang, N. D., D. H. Lee, and H. C. Park, "Very compact printed triple band-notched UWB antenna with quarter-wavelength slots," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 411-414, 2012.
3. Trang, N. D., D. H. Lee, and H. C. Park, "Design and analysis of compact printed triple band-notched UWB antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 100, 403-406, 2011.
4. Peng, L. and C.-L. Ruan, "UWB band-notched monopole antenna design using electromagnetic-bandgap structures," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 59, No. 4, 1074-1081, Apr. 2011.
5. Lin, C.-C., P. Lin, and R. W. Ziolkowski, "Single, dual and triband ultrawideband (UWB) antennas using capacitively loaded loop (CLL) resonators," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 1, 102-109, Jan. 2012.
6. Li, T., H. Q. Zhai, G. H. Li, L. Li, and C. H. Liang, "Compact UWB band-notched antenna design using interdigital capacitance loading loop resonator," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 724-727, 2012.
7. Kelly, J. R., P. S. Hall, and P. Gardner, "Band-notched UWB antenna incorporating a microstrip open-loop resonator," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 59, No. 8, 3045-3048, Aug. 2011.
8. Emadian, S. R., C. Ghobadi, J. Nourinia, M. H. Mirmozafari, and J. Pourahmadazar, "Bandwidth enhancement of CPW-fed circle-like slot antenna with dual band-notched characteristic," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 543-546, 2012.
9. Li, L., Z.-L. Zhou, and J.-S. Hong, "Compact UWB antenna with four band-notches for UWB applications," Electron. Lett., Vol. 47, No. 22, 1211-1212, Oct. 2011.