A new compact printed tri-band antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications is presented. The proposed antenna consists of three inverted L-shaped strips whose geometry looks like a ``bent fork''. These strips are attached to the feed line through a horizontal strip. By optimizing the geometries of the inverted L-shaped strips, distinct resonant points can be effectively created for different frequency bands. The overall size of the proposed antenna is 18 x 33 mm2. Simulated and measured results show that the presented antenna can cover 2.5/3.5/5.5 WLAN and WIMAX bands with fairly stable radiation patterns. The antenna structure is simple, small, easily configurable and tuneable, and therefore suitable for practical applications.
2. Lin, T. H. and D. C. Park, "Compact dual-band antenna with double L-slits for WLAN operation," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 4, 249-252, 2005.
3. Kuo, Y. L. and K. L. Wong, "Printed double-T monopole antenna for 2.4/5.2GHz dual band WLAN operations," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 51, No. 9, 2187-2192, Sep. 2003.
4. Nezhad, S. M. A. and H. R. Hassani, "A novel tri-band E-shaped printed monopole antenna for MIMO application," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 9, 576-579, 2010.
5. Zhang, X.-Q., Y.-C. Jiao, and W.-H. Wang, "Compact wide tri-band slot antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Electron. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 2, 64-65, 2012.
6. Liu, P., Y. Zou, B. Xie, X. Liu, and B. Sun, "Compact CPW-fed tri-band printed antenna with meandering split-ring slot for WLAN/WiMAX applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett..
7. Chen, H., X. Yang, Y. Z. Yin, S. T. Fan, and J. J. Wu, "Triband planar monopole antenna with compact radiator for WLAN/WiMAX applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 12, 1440-1443, 2013.
8. Zhai, H., Z. Ma, Y. Han, and C. Liang, "A compact printed antenna for triple-band WLAN/WiMAX applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 12, 65-68, 2013.
9. Chen, S.-W., D.-Y. Wang, and W.-H. Tu, "Dual-band/tri-band/broadband CPW-fed steppedimpedance slot dipole antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 62, No. 1, 485-490, 2014.