To suppress electromagnetic interference at 5.5-GHz WLAN (5.15-5.825 GHz) band operation, a novel ultra-wideband (UWB) design of a slotted twin-patch monopole antenna with a band-rejection characteristic is presented. The proposed antenna with a simple structure has a large impedance bandwidth, defined by 10-dB return loss, covering the range from 2.95 to 10.85 GHz, and a tunable cutoff band from 5.18 to 6 GHz for band-operation suppression. Measured monopole-like radiation pattern and in-band average gain of about 2.3 dBi have also been obtained, simultaneously, with good agreement to the simulated results.
2. Tang, Z. J., X. F. Wu, and J. Zhan, "Novel compact band-notched UWB antenna using convex-shaped slot patch," Microwave and Optical Technolgy Lett., Vol. 57, 201-203, 2015.
3. Ojaroudi, N. and N. Ghadimi, "Band-notched UWB slot antenna," Microwave and Optical Technology Lett., Vol. 56, 1744-1747, 2014.
4. Chu, Q. X., C. X. Mao, and H. Zhu, "A compact notched band UWB slot antenna with sharp selectivity and controllable bandwidth," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, 3961-3966, 2013.
5. Fallahi, R., A. A. Kalteh, and M. G. Roozbahani, "A novel UWB elliptical slot antenna with band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 82, 127-136, 2008.
6. Azim, R. and M. T. Islam, "Compact planar UWB antenna with band notch characteristics for WLAN and DSRC," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 133, 391-406, 2013.
7. Ojaroudi, N., "Application of protruded strip resonators to design an UWB slot antenna with WLAN band-notched characteristic," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 47, 111-117, 2014.
8. Wang, Y. F., T. A. Denidni, Q. S. Zeng, and G. Wei, "Band-notched UWB rectangular dielectric resonator antenna," IET Electronics Letters, Vol. 50, 483-484, 2014.
9. Malik, J. and M. V. Kartikeyan, "Band-notched UWB antenna with raised cosine-tapered ground plane," Microwave and Optical Technolgy Lett., Vol. 56, 2576-2579, 2014.
10. Azim, R., A. T. Mobashsher, and M. T. Islam, "UWB antenna with notched band at 5.5GHz," IET Electronics Letters, Vol. 49, 922-924, 2013.
11. Pandey, G. K., H. S. Singh, P. K. Bharti, and M. K. Meshram, "Design of WLAN band notched UWB monopole antenna with stepped geometry using modified EBG structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 50, 201-217, 2013.
12. Seo, Y. S., J. W. Jung, H. J. Lee, and Y. S. Lim, "Design of trapezoid monopole antenna with band-notched performance for UWB," IET Electronics Letters, Vol. 48, 673-674, 2012.
13. Naser-Moghadasi, M., R. A. Sadeghzadeh, T. Sedghi, T. Aribi, and B. S. Virdee, "UWB CPW-fed fractal patch antenna with band-notched function employing folded T-shaped element," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 12, 504-507, 2013.
14. Zang, J. and X. Wang, "A compact C-shaped printed UWB antenna with band-notched characteristic," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 43, 15-23, 2013.
15. Chuang, C. T., T. J. Lin, and S. J. Chung, "A band-notched UWB monopole antenna with high notch-band-edge selectivity," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, 4492-4499, 2012.