A novel low-complexity dual-band digital predistortion (2D-LCMP) model for linearization of dual-band power amplifiers (PAs) is proposed in this paper. The in-band intermodulation (IM) and cross-band modulation (CM) distortion terms in the prior two-dimensional models have different impacts on the model performance. Therefore, they are considered respectively in the proposed model. Some redundant distortion terms are removed away to decrease the model complexity. In addition, the nonlinearity order and memory depth are frequency dependent for each band. Experimental measurements were performed on two types of wideband PAs. The results prove the superiority of the 2D-LCMP model.
2. Zhu, A., M. Wren, and T. J. Brazil, "An efficient Volterra-based behavioral model for wideband RF power amplifiers," IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, Vol. 2, 787-790, 2003.
3. Ding, L., G. T. Zhou, D. R. Morgan, Z. Ma, J. S. Kenney, J. Kim, and C. R. Giardina, "A robust digital baseband predistorter constructed using memory polynomials," IEEE Trans. Commun., Vol. 52, No. 1, 159-165, Jan. 2004.
4. Morgan, D. R., Z. Ma, J. Kim, M. G. Zierdt, and J. Pastalan, "A generalized memory polynomial model for digital predistortion of RF power amplifiers," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 54, No. 10, 3852-3860, Oct. 2006.
5. Crespo-Cadenas, C., J. Reina-Tosina, and M. J. Madero-Ayora, "Volterra behavioral model for wideband RF amplifiers," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 55, No. 3, 449-457, Mar. 2007.
6. Hammi, O., F. M. Ghannouchi, and B. Vassilakis, "A compact envelope-memory polynomial for RF transmitters modeling with application to baseband and RF-digital predistortion," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 18, No. 5, 359-361, May 2008.
7. Cadenas, C. C., J. R. Tosina, M. M. Ayora, and J. M. Cruzado, "A new approach to pruning Volterra models for power amplifiers," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 58, No. 4, 2113-2120, Apr. 2010.
8. Rawat, M., F. M. Ghannouchi, and K. Rawat, "Three-layered biased memory polynomial for dynamic modeling and predistortion of transmitters with memory," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. I. Reg. Papers, Vol. 6, No. 3, 768-777, Mar. 2013.
9. Liu, Y.-J., J. Zhou, W. Chen, and B.-H. Zhou, "A robust augmented complexity-reduced generalized memory polynomial for wideband RF power amplifiers," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 61, No. 5, 2389-2401, May 2014.
10. Bassam, S. A., M. Helaoui, and F. M. Ghannouchi, "2-D digital predistortion (2-D-DPD) architecture for concurrent dual band transmitters," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 59, No. 10, 2547-2553, Oct. 2011.
11. Liu, Y. J., J. Zhou, W. Chen, B. Zhou, and F. M. Ghannouchi, "Low-complexity 2D behavioral model for concurrent dual-band power amplifiers," IEEE Elect. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 11, 620-621, May 2012.
12. Liu, Y. J., W. Chen, J. Zhou, B. Zhou, and F. M. Ghannouchi, "Digital predistortion for concurrent dual-band transmitters using 2-D modified memory polynomials," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 61, No. 1, 281-290, Jan. 2013.
13. Cabarkapa, M., N. Neskovic, and D. Budimir, "A generalized 2-D linearity enhancement architecture for concurrent dual-band wireless transmitters," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 61, No. 12, 4579-4590, Dec. 2013.
14. Xiang, H., C. Yu, J. Gao, S. Li, and Y. Wu, "Dynamic deviation reduction based concurrent dual-band digital predistortion," IEEE Int. J. RF Microw. Comp. Aid Eng., Vol. 24, No. 3, 401-411, Aug. 2013.