This paper proposes a novel clip-shaped meander-line resonator (CSMLR) to realize miniaturized ultra-narrowband (UNB) bandpass filter design. The main advantage is that it can achieve very weak coupling between adjacent resonators with keeping them very close and introduce transmission zeros (TZs). To further demonstrate the feasibility of using this configuration, a six-pole UNB filter with a fractional bandwidth (FWB) of 0.20% at the center frequency of 1915 MHz was designed on double-sided YBCO high temperature superconducting (HTS) thin films with a thickness of 0.5 mm and dielectric constant of 9.8 by using CSMLR. The measured responses agree rather well with the simulated ones. The measured results show a maximum insertion loss of 0.31 dB and return loss of 15.5 dB in the passband. Two transmission zeroes (TZs) are generated to improve the passband selectivity, which causes the band-edge steepness better than 50 dB/MHz in both transition bands.
2. Zhou, J. F., M. J. Lancaster, F. Huang, R. Neil, and G. Dave, "HTS narrow band filters at UHF band for radio astronomy applications," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 15, No. 2, 1004-1007, 2005.
3. Liu, H. W., F. Liu, F. Qin, B. P. Ren, P. Wen, and X. H. Guan, "Compact dual-band HTS bandpass filter using spirally asymmetric stepped-impedance resonators," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 26, No. 7, 1-5, 2016.
4. Gao, T. Q., B. Wei, B. S. Cao, D. Wang, and X. B. Guo, "A low loss superconducting filter with four states based on symmetrical interdigital-loaded structure," Physica C: Superconductivity and Its Applications, 48-51, 2016.
5. Sekiya, N., "Design of high-order HTS dual-band bandpass filters with receiver subsystem for future mobile communication systems," Physica C: Superconductivity and Its Applications, 91-97, 2016.
6. Wang, X., B. Wei, T. N. Zheng, B. S. Cao, L. N. Jiang, and J. B. Chen, "Design and implementation of a narrow-band superconducting X-band diplexer with high isolation," Physica C: Superconductivity and Its Applications, 9-13, 2016.
7. Liu, H. W., B. P. Ren, S. X. Hu, X. H. Guan, P. Wen, and J. M. Tang, "High-order dual-band superconducting bandpass filter with controllable bandwidths and multitransmission zeros," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 65, No. 10, 3813-3823, 2017.
8. Li, C. G., T. Yu, Y. B. Bian, Y. Wu, J. Wang, X. Q. Zhang, L. Sun, H. Li, and Y. S. He, "An ultra-narrowband high-temperature superconducting bandpass filter with a fractional bandwidth of 0.02%," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 26, No. 7, 1-4, 2016.
9. Dustakar, K. and S. Berkowitz, "An ultra-narrowband HTS bandpass filter," IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium digest, 1881-1884, 2003.
10. Hejazi, Z. M., M. C. Scardelletti, F. W. Van Keuls, A. A. Omar, and A. Al-Zayed, "EM full-wave analysis and testing of novel quasi-elliptic microstrip filters for ultra narrowband filter design," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 85, 261-288, 2008.
11. Zhang, D., G. C. Liang, C. F. Shih, M. E. Johansson, and R. S. Withers, "Narrowband lumpedelement microstrip filters using capacitively-loaded inductors," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 3030-3036, 1995.
12. Hong, J. S., E. P. Mcerlean, and B. Karyamapudi, "Narrowband high temperature superconducting filter for mobile communication systems," IEE Proceedings --- Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, 491-496, 2005.
13. Hong, J. S., E. P. Mcerlean, and B. Karyamapudi, "High-order superconducting filter with group delay equalization," IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, 1467-1470, 2005.
14. Chu, Q. X. and H. Wang, "A compact open-loop filter with mixed electric and magnetic coupling," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory & Techniques, 431-439, 2008.