We performed an experiment to verify quadrupole model of the electric field of a rotating magnet. It is found that the rotating magnet insulated from the earth and enclosed in a conductive insulated screen induces the potential difference across an air capacitor arranged on the outside the screen. The field of an electric quadrupole cannot penetrate through the screen; therefore the electric field detected outside the screen has the source of another nature. The field observed in the experiment can be explained by arising of a fictitious electric charge upon rotating of the magnet in accordance with the transformations of the electromagnetic field in the theory of relativity.
2. Kennard, E. H., "The effect of dielectrics on unipolar induction," Phys. Rev., Vol. 1, No. 5, 355-359, 1913.
3. Pegram, G. B., "Unipolar induction and electron theory," Phys. Rev., Vol. 10, No. 6, 591-600, 1917.
4. Wilson, M. and H. A. Wilson, "On the electric effect of rotating a magnetic insulator in a magnetic field," Proc. Roy. Soc., Vol. 89(a), No. 608, 99-106, 1913.
5. Hertzberg, J. B., S. R. Bickman, M. T. Hummon, D. Krause, Jr., S. K. Peck, and L. R. Hunter, "Measurement of the relativistic potential difference across a rotating magnetic dielectric cylinder," AJP, Vol. 69, No. 6, 648-654, 2001.
6. Timofeev, V. B. and T. E. Timofeeva, "Experiment on measurement of the stationary electric-field of a rotating magnet," Preprint of Institute of Cosmic Physics Research and Aeronomy, SB RAS99-1, 1-35, Yakutsk-Nerungri, 1999.
7. Timofeev, V. B. and T. E. Timofeeva, "Some properties of the electric field of the magnetic rotator," Herald of the North-Eastern Federal University, Vol. 9, No. 3, S.39-42, 2012.
8. Timofeev, V. B. and T. E. Timofeeva, "Experimental research of the electric field potential of a rotating magnetized sphere," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 45, 19-24, 2014.
9. Misiucenko, I. L., "Experimental study of the electric field of a ring magnet rotating about the magnetization axis,", http://electricaleather.com/d/358095/d/elektricheskoe-pole-vraschayuschegosya-kolcevogo-magnita.pdf, 2014.
10. Krivchenkov, V. D., "Electromagnetic field of a rotating magnetized sphere," Vestnik MSU, Vol. 2, 53-55, 1949.
11. Landau, L. D. and E. M. Lifshitz, Electrodynamics of Continuous Media, 620, Nauka, Moscow, 1982.
12. McDonald, K. T., "Unipolar induction via a rotating magnetized sphere,", Joseph Henri Laboratories, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, November 13, 2012.
13. Timofeev, V. B. and T. E. Timofeeva, "Effect of penetration of the electric field of a rotating permanent magnet through an electrostatic shield," Coll. of Scientific Proceedings. Problems of Development and Prospects of the Development of South Yakutia Region, Neryungri, 111-113, 2001.
14. Schiff, L. I., "A question in general relativity," Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., U.S. 25, 391-395, 1939.
15. Alfven, G. and K.-G. Felthammar, Cosmic Electrodynamics, Mir, Moscow, 1967 (in Russian).