This paper presents a Ku-band filter based on groove gap waveguide (GGW) technology which is composed of a filter with two transitions GGW and WR-62. The filter is operated from 13.8 GHz to 14.2 GHz. Actually, a fractional bandwidth of about 2.85% is obtained for maximum return loss of 20 dB and the maximum insertion loss of 0.05 dB over the bandwidth. The validity of the design results is confirmed both numerically and experimentally. Measurement results show that the performance of filter agrees well with simulation. This filter could be used as part of a gap waveguide based structure.
2. Vahldieck, R. and W. J. R. Hoefer, "Finline and metal insert filters with improved passband separation and increased stopband attenuation," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 33, No. 12, 1333-1339, Dec. 1985.
3. Hong, J.-S. and M. J. Lancaster, Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications (Microwave and Optical Engineering), Wiley, New York, 2001.
4. Kildal, P.-S., E. Alfonso, A. Valero-Nogueira, and E. Rajo-Iglesias, "Local metamaterial-based waveguides in gaps between parallel metal plates," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 84-87, 2009.
5. Kildal, P.-S., "Three metamaterial-based gap waveguides between parallel metal plates for mm/submm waves," Proc. 3rd Eur. Conf. Antennas Propag., Berlin, Mar. 2009.
6. Zarifi, D., A. Farahbakhsh, A. U. Zaman, and P. S. Kildal, "Design and fabrication of a high-gain 60 GHz corrugated slot antenna array with ridge gap waveguide distribution layer," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 64, No. 7, 2905-2913, Jul. 2016.
7. Dong, X., H. Wang, F. Xue, and Y. Liu, "Design and measurement of a novel seamless scanning leaky wave antenna in ridge gap waveguide technology," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, 147-157, 2017.
8. Zarifi, D., A. Farahbakhsh, A. U. Zaman, and P. S. Kildal, "A gap waveguide-fed wideband patch antenna array for 60-GHz applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 65, No. 9, 4875-4879, 2017.
9. Vosoogh, A. and P.-S. Kildal, "Corporate-fed planar 60GHz slot array made of three unconnected metal layers using AMC pin surface for the Gap waveguide," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 1935-1938, 2015.
10. Alos, E. A., A. U. Zaman, and P.-S. Kildal, "Ka-band gap waveguide coupled-resonator filter for radio link diplexer application," IEEE Trans. Compon. Packag. Manuf. Technol., Vol. 3, No. 5, 870-879, May 2013.
11. Del Olmo-Olmeda, A., M. Baquero-Escudero, V. E. Boria-Esbert, A. Valero-Nogueira, and A. J. Berengure-Verdu, "A novel band-pass filter topology for millimeter-wave applications based on the groove gap waveguide," Proc. IEEE MTT-S Int. Dig., 1-4, 2013.