In this article, a self complementary frequency independent triple band Sinuous Antenna Array (SAA) is designed for wireless applications such as Mobile- Satellite Service (MSS), Global Positioning System (GPS) and Global System for Mobile communications (GSM) application. Four Sinuous elements are connected to the nearest one in such a way to form an array structure. A prototype of a Sinuous Antenna Array (SAA) is embedded into a flame retardant-4 (FR-4) dielectric material. The performance of the proposed antenna array has been analyzed by using Ansys High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS). The suggested antenna is fabricated and tested. The measured results are shown that the proposed antenna array operated at the frequencies of 1.5 GHz for GPS, 1.8 GHz for GSM and 2 GHz for MSS with a reflection coefficient of below -10 dB. It has good reflection coefficient characteristics, Voltage Standing Wave Ratio, impedance bandwidth and radiation characteristics.
1. Patel, R. H., A. Desai, and T. K. Upadhyaya, "An electrically small antenna using defected ground structure for RFID, GPS and IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/s applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 75, 75-81, 2018. doi:10.2528/PIERL18021901
2. Khaleghi, A., S. S. Ahranjan, and I. Balasingham, "High gain and wideband stacked patch antenna for S-band applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 76, 97-104, 2018.
3. Wang, Y., L. Zhu, and G. Yang, "Design of compact wideband meandering loop antenna with a monopole feed for wireless applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 73, 1-8, 2018. doi:10.2528/PIERL17103006
4. Jeong, Y. S., S. H. Lee, J. H. Yoon, W. Y. Lee, W. Y. Choi, and Y. J. Yoon, "Internal mobile antenna for LTE/GSM850/GSM900/PCS 1900/WiMAX/WLAN," IEEE Conference Publications on Radio and Wireless Symposium (RWS), 559-562, 2010.
5. Wong, K. L., W. Y. Chen, and T. W. Kang, "On-board printed coupled fed loop antenna in close proximity to the surrounding ground plane for penta-band WWAN mobile phone," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 3, 751-757, 2011. doi:10.1109/TAP.2010.2103020
6. Zheng, M., H. Wang, and Y. Hao, "Internal hexa-band folded monopole/dipole/loop antenna with four resonances for mobile device," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 6, 2880-2885, 2012. doi:10.1109/TAP.2012.2194687
7. Yap, M. S., L. Ng, and S. Aditya, "A triple band antenna for GSM and GPS application," Fourth International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing, 2003 and the Fourth Pacific Rim Conference on Multimedia. Proceedings of the 2003 Joint, Vol. 2, 1119-1123, 2003.
8. DuHamel, R. H., "Dual polarized sinuous antennas,", US Patent, 4,658,262, 1987.
10. Rumsey, V. H., Frequency Independent Antennas, Academic Press, New York, 1966.
11. Buck, M. C. and D. S. Filipovic, "Two-arm sinuous antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 56, No. 5, 1229-1235, 2008. doi:10.1109/TAP.2008.922606
12. Wang, W., X. T. Wang, Y. Li, and S. Song, "Design of an ultra-wideband four arms sinuous antenna," Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 981, 469-473, 2014.
13. Buck and Filipovic, "Split-beam mode four-arm slot sinuous antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 3, 83-86, 2001.
14. Aghdam, K. M. P., R. Faraji-Dana, and J. Rashed-Mohassel, "The sinuous antenna dual polarized feed for reflector based searching systems," AEU --- International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 59, No. 7, 392-400, 2005. doi:10.1016/j.aeue.2004.11.046
15. Kang, Y., K. Kim, and W. R. Scott, "Modification of sinuous antenna arms for UWB radar applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 63, No. 11, 5229-5234, 2015. doi:10.1109/TAP.2015.2477492
16. Cukierman, A., A. T. Lee., C. Raum, A. Suzuki, and B. Westbrook, "Hierarchical sinuous-antenna phased array for millimeter wavelengths," Applied Physics Letter, Vol. 112, No. 13, 132601, 2018. doi:10.1063/1.5021962