In this paper, a novel dual-band scheme is proposed and analyzed for dual-band magnetic resonant wireless power transfer. The scheme consists of a novel resonant coil structure for dual-band resonance and a coupling loop for dual-band impedance matching. Circuit-based analysis and experiments verify that our scheme can achieve dual-band power transfer easily and effectively, with its dual-band reflection coefficient lower than -18 dB and transmission efficiency over 37.21% at a distance of 20 cm at 6.78 MHz and 13.56 MHz.
1. Covic, G. A. and J. T. Boys, "Inductive power transfer," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 101, No. 6, 1276-1289, Jun. 2013. doi:10.1109/JPROC.2013.2244536
2. Badawe, M. El. and O. M. Ramahi, "Efficient meta surface rectenna for electromagnetic wireless power transfer and energy harvesting," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 161, 35-40, 2018. doi:10.2528/PIER18011003
3. Jang, B. J., S. Lee, and H. Yoon, "HF-band wireless power transfer system: Concept, issues, and design," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 124, 211-231, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIER11120511
4. Johns, B. B., "An introduction to the wireless power consortium standard and TI’s compliant solutions," Analog Applications Journal, 10-12, 2011.
5. Alliance, A., "A4WP wireless power transfer system baseline system specification (BSS) v 1.2.1,", 2014.
6. Chen, J.-F., Z. Ding, Z. Hu, S. Wang, Y. Cheng, M. Liu, B. Wei, and S. Wang, "Metamaterial-based high-efficiency wireless power transfer system at 13.56 MHz for low power applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 72, 17-30, 2017. doi:10.2528/PIERB16071509
7. Li, X., C. Y. Tsui, and W. H. Ki, "A 13.56 MHz wireless power transfer system with reconfigurable resonant regulating rectifier and wireless power control for implantable medical devices," 2014 Symposium on VLSI Circuits Digest of Technical Papers, 1-2, 2014.
8. Kim, J., W. S. Choi, and J. Jeong, "Loop switching technique for wireless power transfer using magnetic resonance coupling," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 138, 197-209, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER13012118
9. Kung, M. L. and K. H. Lin, "Investigation of dual-band coil module for near-field wireless power transfer systems," Wireless Power Transfer Conference, 265-268, 2014.
10. Ahn, D. and P. P. Mercier, "Wireless power transfer with concurrent 200-kHz and 6.78-MHz operation in a single-transmitter device," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 31, No. 7, 5018-5029, 2016.
11. Jiang, C., K. T. Chau, W. Han, and W. Liu, "Development of multilayer rectangular coils for multiple-receiver multiple-frequency wireless power transfer," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 163, 15-24, 2018. doi:10.2528/PIER18060206
12. Kung, M. L. and K. H. Lin, "Dual-band coil module with repeaters for diverse wireless power transfer applications," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory & Techniques, Vol. 66, No. 1, 332-345, 2018. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2017.2711010
13. Kung, M. L. and K. H. Lin, "Enhanced analysis and design method of dual-band coil module for near-field wireless power transfer systems," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 63, No. 3, 821-832, 2015. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2015.2398415
14. Kurs, A., A. Karalis, R. Moffatt, J. D. Joannopoulos, P. Fisher, and M. Soljacic, "Wireless power transfer via strongly coupled magnetic resonances," Sci. Exp., Vol. 317, No. 5834, 83-86, Jun. 2007.
15. Peng, L., O. Breinbjerg, and N. A. Mortensen, "Wireless energy transfer through non-resonant magnetic coupling," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, 1587-1598, 2010. doi:10.1163/156939310792149795
16. Kim, J. G., G. Wei, C. Zhu, and C. H. Rim, "Quality factor and topology analysis of the series-parallel combined resonant circuit-based wireless power transfer system," IEEE Transportation Electrification Conference and Expo., 2017.
17. Peng, L., J. Y. Wang, L. X. Ran, O. Breinbjerg, and N. A. Mortensen, "Performance analysis and experimental verification of mid-range wireless energy transfer through non-resonant magnetic coupling," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, 845-855, 2011. doi:10.1163/156939311794827186