A dispersive delay line (DDL) with compact size, good group delay, and all pass response in 200-800 MHz band is presented. The proposed DDL is composed of a main microstrip transmission line with two shunted open stubs and two complementary slot lines, and a coupling slot line in ground plane. The length of the complementary slot line is reduced approximately from λg/2 to λg/4 through the upper end being opened, hence achieves miniaturization for the proposed DDL (λg is the guided wavelength at the center frequency). The overall area is 0.196×0.093λg2 with a peak group delay time of 3.2 ns. The proposed DDL has the advantages of compactness, good capability, and easy fabrication without any external matching network.
2. Nikfal, B., S. Gupta, and C. Caloz, "Increased group delay slope loop system for enhanced-resolution analog signal processing," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 59, No. 6, 1622-1628, 2011.
3. Keerthan, P., R. Kumar, and K. J. Vinoy, "A novel all-pass network implementation for improved group delay performance," IEEE Microw. Wireless Comp. Lett., Vol. 26, No. 10, 804-806, 2016.
4. Kaviani, D. S., G. H. Askari, R. Safian, and H. Mir-Mohammad Sadeghi, "Design and analysis of a tunable microwave photonic delay line in X band," 2017 Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium --- Spring (PIERS), 1138-1144, St Petersburg, Russia, May 22-25, 2017.
5. Bo, X., K. Anthony, and B. A. Alyssa, "A novel on-chip active dispersive delay line (DDL) for analog signal processing," IEEE Microw. Wireless Comp. Lett., Vol. 20, No. 10, 584-586, 2010.
6. Zhang, J.-J. and J. Yao, "Broadband microwave signal processing based on photonic dispersive delay lines," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 65, No. 5, 1891-1902, 2017.
7. Lujambio, A., I. Arnedo, M. Chudzik, I. Arregui, T. Lopetegi, and M. A. G. Laso, "Dispersive delay line with effective transmission-type operation in coupled-line technology," IEEE Microw. Wireless Comp. Lett., Vol. 21, No. 9, 459-461, 2011.
8. Zhou, H.-C., F. Vincent, B.-Z. Wang, O. Malyuskin, Z. Lei, S. Ding, and D.-S. Zha, "Enhanced target detection in clutter using dispersive delay lines and time reversal," Electronic Letters, Vol. 50, No. 20, 1480-1482, 2014.
9. Zhang, Q., J. Bandler, and C. Caloz, "Design of dispersive delay structures (DDSs) formed by coupled C-sections using predistortion with space mapping," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 61, No. 12, 4040-4051, 2013.
10. Mandal, M. K., D. Deslandes, and K. Wu, "Complementary microstrip slot stub configuration for group delay engineering," IEEE Microw. Wireless Comp. Lett., Vol. 22, No. 8, 388-390, 2012.
11. Hsue, C.-W. and Y.-W. Chang, "Dispersive delay lines using microstrip technology," Journal of Engineering, 406-414, 2016.
12. Chang, Y.-W., C.-W. Hsue, J.-Y.Wen, and Y.-T. Yeh, "Dispersive delay line with large group delay using deformed open stub and its complementary slot line," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 26, No. 2, 122-124, 2016.