Compared with the conventional coaxial magnetic gear, magnetic harmonic gear (MHG) is a device with large transmission ratio. In order to improve the transmission torque, an MHG with double fan-shaped Halbach arrays is proposed in this paper. According to the theory of magnetic field modulation and the unique unilateral effect of Halbach array, both inner and outer permanent magnets (PMs) are arranged in a Halbach array. In addition, all PMs are fan-shaped. The air gap magnetic field and torque of MHG are analyzed by two-dimensional finite element method. Compared with the conventional MHG, the proposed MHG enhances the air-gap magnetic flux density, reduces the air-gap harmonic content, and increases the torque density.
1. Chen, M., K.-T. Chau, W. Li, C. Liu, and C. Qiu, "Design and analysis of a new magnetic gear with multiple transmission ratios," IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., Vol. 3, No. 24, 1-4, 2014.
2. Jing, L. B., L. Liu, M. Xiong, and D. Feng, "Parameters analysis and optimization design for a concentric magnetic gear based on sinusoidal magnetizations," IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., Vol. 5, No. 24, 1-5, 2014.
3. Liu, C. T., K. Y. Hung, and C. C. Hwang, "Developments of an efficient analytical scheme for optimal composition designs of tubular linear magnetic-geared machines," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 52, No. 7, 2016.
4. Man, Y., Y. Zhao, and C. Bian, "A kind of magnetic gear with high speed ratio," Proceedings 3rd International Conference on Information Sciences and Interaction Sciences, 632-634, 2010. doi:10.1109/ICICIS.2010.5534677
5. Shen, J. X., H. Y. Li, H. Hao, and M. J. Jin, "A coaxial magnetic gear with consequent-pole rotors," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol. 32, No. 1, 267-275, 2017. doi:10.1109/TEC.2016.2609338
6. Li, K., S. Modaresahmadi, W. Williams, J. Bird, J. Wright, and D. Barnett, "Electromagnetic analysis and experimental testing of a flux focusing wind turbine magnetic gearbox," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol. 34, No. 3, 1512-1521, 2019. doi:10.1109/TEC.2019.2911966
7. Desvaux, M., B. Multon, H. B. Ahmed, S. Sire, A. Fasquelle, and D. Laloy, "Gear ratio optimization of a full magnetic indirect drive chain for wind turbine applications," 2017 Twelfth International Conference on Ecological Vehicles and Renewable Energies (EVER), 11-13, 2017.
8. Park, C. B. and G. Jeong, "Design and analysis of magnetic-geared permanent magnet synchronous motor for driving electric vehicles," 2017 20th International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 11-14, 2017.
9. Fang, Y. and T. Zhang, "Vibroacoustic characterization of a permanent magnet synchronous motor powertrain for electric vehicles," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol. 33, No. 1, 272-280, 2017. doi:10.1109/TEC.2017.2737483
10. Golovanov, D., M. Galea, and C. Gerada, "High specific torque motor for propulsion system of aircraft," International Conference on Electrical Systems for Aircraft, 2-4, 2016.
11. Bruzzese, C., E. Ruggeri, M. Rafiei, D. Zito, T. Mazzuca, and G. Lipardi, "Mechanical arrangements onboard ship of innovative permanent magnet linear actuators for steering gear," 2017 International Symposium on Power Electronics, 19-21, 2017.
12. Atallah, K. and D. Howe, "A novel high-performance magnetic gear," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 37, No. 4, 2844-2846, 2001. doi:10.1109/20.951324
13. Rens, J., K. Atallah, S. D. Calverley, and D. Howe, "A novel magnetic harmonic gear," 2007 IEEE International Electric Machines & Drives Conference, 698-703, Antalya, 2007.
14. Rens, J., K. Atallah, S. D. Calverley, and D. Howe, "A novel magnetic harmonic gear," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 46, No. 1, 206-212, 2010. doi:10.1109/TIA.2009.2036507
15. Jorgensen, F. T., T. O. Andersen, and P. O. Rasmussen, "The cycloid permanent magnetic gear," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 44, No. 6, 1659-1665, 2008. doi:10.1109/TIA.2008.2006295
16. Zhang, Y., J. Zhang, and R. Liu, "Magnetic field analytical model for magnetic harmonic gears using the fractional linear transformation method," Chinese Journal of Electrical Engineering, Vol. 5, No. 1, 47-52, 2019. doi:10.23919/CJEE.2019.000005
17. Guo, B. C., Y. K. Huang, and F. Peng, "An analytical model for axial flux PM machines with Halbach array," Proceedings of the Chinese Society of Electrical Engineering, Vol. 39, No. 1, 289-295, 2019.
18. Xu, X. Z., Z. Sun, and X. D. Wang, "Characteristic of a novel PM linear synchronous motor with Halbacharray consequent-pole," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 34, No. 9, 1825-1833, 2019.
19. Jian, L. N. and K. T. Chau, "A coaxial magnetic gear with Halbach PM arrays," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol. 25, No. 2, 319-328, 2010. doi:10.1109/TEC.2010.2046997
20. Jing, L. B., T. Zhang, Y. Gao, R. Qu, Y. Huang, and T. Ben, "A novel HTS modulated coaxial magnetic gear with eccentric structure and Halbach arrays," IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., Vol. 5, No. 29, 1-5, 2019. doi:10.1109/TASC.2019.2892152