A compact ultra-wideband Multiple-Input-Multiple Output (MIMO) orthogonal microstrip fed linear tapered slot antenna (LTSA) is planned for frequency notched applications. The projected MIMO antenna comprises of two indistinguishable linear tapered slot antennas excited by two orthogonal microstrip feeds. In this paper, double split-ring resonators (DSRRs) are suggested to develop the isolation between two linear tapered slot antenna elements. A quarter wavelength spur line is entrenched on the feeding part of the micro-strip antenna to attain the notch frequency. The L-shaped spur line adds to the notch frequency at 5.5 GHz targeted to dodge interference from 5-6 GHz WLAN band. The planned antenna is fabricated and labelled in terms of impedance and radiation parameter measurements, compliant with that of properties achieved from full wave simulation. The antenna has congruous gain and well-built radiation pattern. Radiation pattern portrayal confirms high gain in the end-fire direction.
1. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), "First report and order in the matter of revision of Part 15 of the commission's rules regarding ultra-wideband transmission systems,", ET-Docket 98-153, Washington, DC, 2002. doi:10.1109/TAP.2018.2790176
2. Siddiqui, J. Y., C. Saha, C. Sarkar, L. A. Shaik, and Y. M. M. Antar, "Ultra-wideband antipodal tapered slot antenna with integrated frequency notch characteristics," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 66, No. 3, 1534-1539, March 2018. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2018.0051
3. Sarkar, C., J. Y. Siddiqui, L. A. Shaik, C. Saha, and Y. M. M. Antar, "Frequency notched balanced antipodal tapered slot antenna with very low cross-polarized radiation," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 12, No. 11, 1859-1863, 2018.
4. Sarkar, C., C. Saha, L. A. Shaik, J. Y. Siddiqui, and Y. M. M. Antar, "Spur line integrated single/dual/triple notched ultra wideband monopole antenna," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer Aided Engineering, doi: 10.1002/mmce.21995, 2019. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2014.2340395
5. Liu, X. L., et al., "A compact ultrawideband MIMO antenna using QSCA for high isolation," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 1497-1500, 2014.. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2009.2037027
6. Zhang, S., et al., "Ultrawideband MIMO/diversity antennas with a tree-like structure to enhance wideband isolation," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 1279-1282, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIERM18033104
7. Nirmal, P. C., A. Nandgaonkar, S. L. Nalbalwar, and R. K. Gupta, "A compact dual band MIMO antenna with improved isolation for Wi-MAX and WLAN applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 68, 69-77, 2018.
8. Naidu, R. T., C. Saha, V. K. Krishna, L. Ahmed Shaik, J. Y. Siddiqui, and Y. M. M. Antar, "Compact multiple EBG cells loaded UWB-narrowband antenna pair with high isolation for cognitive radio (CR) based MIMO applications," AEU Int. Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 27, 153420, ISSN 1434-841, August 2020. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2015.2435992
9. Zhang, S. and G. F. Pedersen, "Mutual coupling reduction for UWB MIMO antennas with a wideband neutralization line," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 166-169, 2016.
10. Yang, X., Y. Liu, Y.-X. Xu, and S.-X. Gong, "Isolation enhancement in patch antenna array with fractal UC-EBG structure and cross slot," IEEE AWPL, Vol. 16, No. 99, 2175-2178, 2017. doi:10.2528/PIERL18070303
11. Wani, Z., M. P. Abegaonkar, and S. K. Koul, "A 28-GHz antenna for 5G MIMO applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 78, 73-79, 2018. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2017.2717404
12. Farahani, M., J. Pourahmadazar, M. Akbari, M. Nedil, A. R. Sebak, and T. A. Denidni, "Mutual coupling reduction in millimeter-wave MIMO antenna array using a metamaterial polarization- rotator wall," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 2324-2327, 2017. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2015.2437713
13. Deng, J. Y., L. X.Guo, and X. L. Liu, "An ultrawide band MIMO antenna with a high isolation," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 182-185, 2016.
14. Boddapati, T. P. M., Y. U. Devi, and T. Anilkumar, "Defected ground structured compact MIMO antenna with low mutual coupling for automotive communications," Microwave and Optical Lett., Vol. 61, No. 3, 1-7, 2018. doi:10.1109/TAP.2015.2398455
15. Roshna, T. K., U. Deepak, V. R. Sajitha, K. Vasudevan, and P. Mohanan, "A compact UWB MIMO antenna with re ector to enhance isolation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 63, No. 4, 1873-1877, 2015.
16. Chen, W.-S. and R.-D. Lin, "Three-port MIMO antennas for laptop computers using an isolation element as a radiator," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, doi: 10.1002/mmce.22326, 2020. doi:10.1007/s10470-021-01923-x
17. Tiwari, R. N., P. Singh, S. Pandey, R. Anand, D. K. Singh, and B. K. Kanaujia, "Swastika shaped slot embedded two port dual frequency band MIMO antenna for wireless applications," Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, Vol. 109, No. 1, 103-113, October 2021.
18. Tiwari, R. N., P. Singh, B. K. Kanaujia, and P. Kumar, "Compact circularly polarized MIMO printed antenna with novel ground structure for wideband applications," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer Aided Engineering, Vol. 31, No. 8, e22737, August 2021. doi:10.1080/09205071.2020.1716859
19. Tiwari, R. N., P. Singh, B. K. Kanaujia, P. Kumar, and S. K. Gupta, "A low profile dual band MIMO antenna for LTE/Bluetooth/Wi-Fi/WLAN applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 34, No. 9, 1239-1253, January 2020.
20. Tiwaria, R. N., P. Singh, B. K. Kanaujia, and K. Srivastava, "Neutralization technique based two and four port high isolation MIMO antennas for UWB communication," AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 110, Article 152828, July 2019.
21. Bahl, I. and P. Bhartia, Microwave Solid State Circuit Design, Ch. 2, Wiley, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 1998.
22., , High Frequency Simulation Software, Ansoft corp. v.14.
23. Sharawi, M. S., Printed MIMO Antenna Engineering, Artech House, Norwood, MA, USA, 2014.