In recent years, permanent magnet synchronous linear motor (PMSLM) has gained tremendous momentum in industry, especially in the high-precision field. This is mainly because it has the advantages of small size, high control precision, reliable operation. However, due to the special structure of linear motor, the control strategy of rotating motor cannot be directly applied to PMSLM. Three control strategies for reducing loss and improving efficiency of PMSLM are proposed in this paper. Firstly, the mathematical model of PMSLM is established and the loss model and efficiency equation are established. Secondly, we adopt the loss model control strategies of id=0, maximum thrust current ratio and direct thrust are used to optimize the efficiency of the motor. Finally, simulation experiments are carried out for the three proposed optimization strategies, and the effects of initial speed and load on motor efficiency are analyzed. The effectiveness of the three loss model control strategies proposed in this paper is fully verified by the simulation results, and it is found that the loss model control strategy of id=0 has the most obvious efficiency improvement.
"Research on Efficiency Optimization Based on Permanent Magnet Synchronous Linear Motor," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters,
Vol. 101, 147-155, 2021. doi:10.2528/PIERL21101305
1. Huang, W. L., Y. H. Wang, F. C. Kuo, et al. "Integrating time-optimal motion profiles with position control for a high-speed permanent magnet linear synchronous motor planar motion stage," Precision Engineering, Vol. 68, 106-123, 2021. doi:10.1016/j.precisioneng.2020.11.009
2. Mao, Z., Y. Bai, and F. Meng, "How can China achieve the energy and environmental targets in the 14th and 15th ve-year periods? A perspective of economic restructuring," Science Direct, Vol. 27, 2022-2036, 2021.
3. Qi, Y., N. Stern, J. K. He, et al. "The policy-driven peak and reduction of China's carbon emissions," Advances in Climate Change Research, Vol. 11, No. 2, 65-71, 2020. doi:10.1016/j.accre.2020.05.008
4. Hu, D., W. Xu, G. Lei, et al. "Design and control optimization of linear induction motor drive for efficiency improvement," 2017 20th International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 1-6, IEEE, 2017.
5. Xu, W., D. Hu, and C. X. Mu, "Novel efficiency optimization control algorithm for single-sided linear induction motor," 2015 IEEE International Conference on Applied Superconductivity and Electromagnetic Devices (ASEMD), 48-49, IEEE, 2015. doi:10.1109/ASEMD.2015.7453460
6. Xu, W., D. Hu, G. Lei, et al. "System-level efficiency optimization of a linear induction motor drive system," CES Transactions on Electrical Machines and Systems, Vol. 3, No. 3, 285-291, 2019. doi:10.30941/CESTEMS.2019.00037
7. Hu, D., W. Xu, G. Lei, et al. "Design and control optimization of linear induction motor drive for efficiency improvement," 2017 20th International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 1-6, IEEE, 2017.
8. Xiong, F. and X. F. Wang, "Parameter calculation of brushless doubly-fed machine based on the genetic algorithm," Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 354, 1261-1264, Trans Tech Publications Ltd., 2012.
9. Xu, W., X. Xiao, G. Du, et al. "Comprehensive efficiency optimization of linear induction motors for urban transit," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 69, No. 1, 131-139, 2019. doi:10.1109/TVT.2019.2953956
10. Khazaee, A., H. A. Zarchi, and G. A. Markadeh, "Loss model based efficiency optimized control of brushless DC motor drive," ISA Transactions, Vol. 86, 238-248, 2019. doi:10.1016/j.isatra.2018.10.046
11. Malekpour, M., R. Azizipanah-Abarghooee, and V. Terzija, "Maximum torque per ampere control with direct voltage control for IPMSM drive systems," International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, Vol. 116, 105509, 2020. doi:10.1016/j.ijepes.2019.105509
12. Thamizhazhagan, P. and S. Sutha, "Adaptive vector control reference strategy based speed and torque control of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor," Microprocessors and Microsystems, Vol. 74, 103007, 2020. doi:10.1016/j.micpro.2020.103007
13. Guo, Q., C. Zhang, L. Li, et al. "Design and implementation of a loss optimization control for electric vehicle in-wheel permanent-magnet synchronous motor direct drive system," Applied Energy, Vol. 204, 1317-1332, 2017. doi:10.1016/j.apenergy.2017.05.023
14. Zhang, Y. and J. Zhu, "Direct torque control of permanent magnet synchronous motor with reduced torque ripple and commutation frequency," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 26, No. 1, 235-248, 2010. doi:10.1109/TPEL.2010.2059047