In this paper, a compact design and construction of microstrip Ultra Wide Band (UWB) antenna is proposed. The proposed antenna has the capability ofop erating between 4.1 GHz to 10 GHz. The antenna parameter in frequency domain analysis have been investigated to show its capability as an effective radiating element. Furthermore, time domain Gaussian pulse excitation analysis in UWB systems is also demonstrated in this paper. As a result, the simulation results demonstrated reasonable agreement with the measurement results and good ultra-wideband linear transmission performance has also been achieved in time domain.
1. Hertz, H., Electrical Waves, London, Macmillan and Co., 1893.
2. Breed, G., "A summary of FCC rules for ultra wideband communications," High Frequency Electronics, 42-44, Jan. 2005.
3. Garg, R., P. Bhartia, I. Bahl, and A. Ittipiboon, Microstrip Antenna Design Handbook, Artech House, Norwood, MA, 2001.
4., CST Microwave Studio Suite 2006B, CST Inc., 2007.
5., HFSS Version 9.0, Ansoft Software Inc., 2004.
6. Ren, W., J. Y. Deng, and K. S. Chen, "Compact PCB monopole antenna for UWB applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 10, 1411-1420, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307783239401
7. Gopikrishna, M., D. D. Krishna, A. R. Chandran, and C. K. Aanandan, "Square monopole antenna for ultra wide band communication applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 11, 1525-1537, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307782000299
8. Geran, F., G. Dadashzadeh, M. Fardis, N. Hojjat, and A. Ahmadi, "Rectangular slot with a novel triangle ring microstrip feed for UWB applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 3, 387-396, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307779367341
9. Xiao, J. X., X. X. Yang, G. P. Gao, and J. S. Zhang, "Doubleprinted U-shape ultra-wideband dipole antenna," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 8--9, 1148-1154, 2008. doi:10.1163/156939308784158832
10. Liu, L., J. P. Xiong, Y. Z. Yin, and Y. L. Zhao, "A novel dual-F-shaped planar monopole antenna for ultrawideband communications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 8--9, 1106-1114, 2008. doi:10.1163/156939308784158724
11. Niang, Z. and X. M. Qing, Research and development ofplanar UWB antennas, IEEE APMC 2005 Proceedings, 2005.
12. Schantz, H., Dispersion and UWB antennas, 2004 International Workshop on Ultra Wideband System. Joint with Conference on Ultra Wideband System and Technologies, 161-165, Kyoto, Japan, 2004.