On the base of conductor-backed coplanar waveguide (CBCPW) structure, a novel CB-CPW structure is proposed and analyzed, which is realized by using the UC-PBG structure to replace the back conductor of CB-CPW. From 1.3 GHz to 2.8 GHz, The transmission characteristic of the proposed CB-CPW is better than that of CBCPW, and is similar to that of CPW, therefore, this novel CB-CPW not only owns the advantage of CB-CPW, such as good mechanical strength and good heat yield, but also owns the advantage of CPW, such as good transmission characteristic. At last, a dual-band antenna based on this novel CB-CPW is designed and computed, the numerical results validate that this novel CB-CPW is feasible in microwave application.
"Design and Application of a Novel CB-CPW Structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 4, 133-142, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERM08062305
1. Wen, C. P., "Coplanar waveguide, a surface strip transmission line suitable for nonreciprocal gyromagnetic device applications ," IEEE G-MTT Symp. Dig., 110-115, Dallas, TX, May 5-7, 1969.
2. Gupta, K. C., R. Garg, I. Bahl, and P. Bhartia, "Microstrip Lines and Slotlines," Artech House, Norwood, MA, 1996.
3. Saed, M. A., "Broadband CPW-fed planar slot antennas with various tuning stubs," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 199-212, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06112703
4. Liu, W. C., "Optimal design of dualband CPW-fed Gshaped Gshaped," Progress In Eelectromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 21-38, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07041401
5. Qu, S. W., C. L. Ruan, and B. Z.Wang, "Bandwidth enhancement of a printed wide-slot antenna with a rotated slot," IEEE Trans. Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 5, 15-17, 2006. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2005.863616
6. Chen, Y. L., C. L. Ruan, and L. Peng, "A novel ultra-wideband bow-tie slot antenna in wireless communication systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 101-108, 2008.
7. Shigesawa, H., M. Tsuji, and A. A. Oliner, "Conductor-backed slot line and coplanar waveguide: Dangers and full-wave analyzes," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Dig., 199-202, New York, May 25-27, 1988..
8. Liu, Y., K. Cha, and T. Itoh, "Nonleaky coplanar (NLC) waveguides with conductor backing," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 43, 1067-1072, May 1995. doi:10.1109/22.382067
9. Yang, F. R., K. P. Ma, Y. X. Qian, and T. Itoh, "A uniplanar compact photonic-bandgap (UC-PBG) structure and its applications for microwave circuits," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 47, 1509-1514, Aug. 1999. doi:10.1109/22.780402
10. Coccioli, R., F. R. Yang, K. P. Ma, and T. Itoh, "Aperture-coupled patch antenna on UC-PBG substrate," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 47, 2123-2130, Nov. 1999. doi:10.1109/22.798008
11. Nedil, M., M. A. Habib, T. A. Denidni, and H. Boutayeb, "Quasimetallic-wall technique for increasing the efficiency of CB-CPW antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 437-455, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07092505
12. Liu, W. N., J. K. Xiao, S. Zhang, and Y. Li, "A novel PBG planar inverted-F antenna for wearable system," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 5, 615-622, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306776137737
13. Lindell, I. V. and A. H. Sihvola, "Perfect electromagnetic conductor," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, 861-869, 2005. doi:10.1163/156939305775468741