On the base of conductor-backed coplanar waveguide (CBCPW) structure, a novel CB-CPW structure is proposed and analyzed, which is realized by using the UC-PBG structure to replace the back conductor of CB-CPW. From 1.3 GHz to 2.8 GHz, The transmission characteristic of the proposed CB-CPW is better than that of CBCPW, and is similar to that of CPW, therefore, this novel CB-CPW not only owns the advantage of CB-CPW, such as good mechanical strength and good heat yield, but also owns the advantage of CPW, such as good transmission characteristic. At last, a dual-band antenna based on this novel CB-CPW is designed and computed, the numerical results validate that this novel CB-CPW is feasible in microwave application.
2. Gupta, K. C., R. Garg, I. Bahl, and P. Bhartia, "Microstrip Lines and Slotlines," Artech House, Norwood, MA, 1996.
3. Saed, M. A., "Broadband CPW-fed planar slot antennas with various tuning stubs," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 199-212, 2006.
4. Liu, W. C., "Optimal design of dualband CPW-fed Gshaped Gshaped," Progress In Eelectromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 21-38, 2007.
5. Qu, S. W., C. L. Ruan, and B. Z.Wang, "Bandwidth enhancement of a printed wide-slot antenna with a rotated slot," IEEE Trans. Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 5, 15-17, 2006.
6. Chen, Y. L., C. L. Ruan, and L. Peng, "A novel ultra-wideband bow-tie slot antenna in wireless communication systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 101-108, 2008.
7. Shigesawa, H., M. Tsuji, and A. A. Oliner, "Conductor-backed slot line and coplanar waveguide: Dangers and full-wave analyzes," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Dig., 199-202, New York, May 25-27, 1988..
8. Liu, Y., K. Cha, and T. Itoh, "Nonleaky coplanar (NLC) waveguides with conductor backing," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 43, 1067-1072, May 1995.
9. Yang, F. R., K. P. Ma, Y. X. Qian, and T. Itoh, "A uniplanar compact photonic-bandgap (UC-PBG) structure and its applications for microwave circuits," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 47, 1509-1514, Aug. 1999.
10. Coccioli, R., F. R. Yang, K. P. Ma, and T. Itoh, "Aperture-coupled patch antenna on UC-PBG substrate," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 47, 2123-2130, Nov. 1999.
11. Nedil, M., M. A. Habib, T. A. Denidni, and H. Boutayeb, "Quasimetallic-wall technique for increasing the efficiency of CB-CPW antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 437-455, 2008.
12. Liu, W. N., J. K. Xiao, S. Zhang, and Y. Li, "A novel PBG planar inverted-F antenna for wearable system," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 5, 615-622, 2006.
13. Lindell, I. V. and A. H. Sihvola, "Perfect electromagnetic conductor," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, 861-869, 2005.