The characteristics of radiating longitudinal slots in a rectangular waveguide have been studied. A moment method solution is used with entire basis expansion and testing functions (Galerkin) including the effect of wall thickness. It is shown in this paper. 1) The determination of different parameters like VSWR, reflection coefficients and insertion loss are calculated with the results of normalize reactance and conductance. 2) The Taylor distribution approach with specific SLL for desired linear aperture array antenna. The resonant conductance or resistances are calculated from desired amplitude distribution. The formulation uses transmission matrix approach. The computed result shows excellent agreement with measured results. CST Microwave studio is used for the simulation and is totally based on FIT techniques.
2. Elliott, R. S., "Improved design procedure for small arrays of shunt slots ," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 31, 48-53, Jan 1983.
3. Sangaster, A. J. and A. H. I. McCormick, "Theoretical design and synthesis of slotted waveguide arrays," Inst. Elec. Engg. Proc., Vol. 136, No. 1, 39-46, Feb. 1989.
4. Hamadallah, M., "Frequency limitations on broad-band performance of shunt slot arrays," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagtion, Vol. 37, 817-823, July 1989.
5. Taylor, T. T., "Design of line source antenna for narrow beam width and low side lobes," IRE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 3, 16-28, Jan. 1955.
6. Yevstropov, G. A. and Tsarapkin, "Investigation of slotted waveguide antennas with identical resonant radiators," Radio Engg. Elect. Phys., Vol. 10, No. 9, 1429, 1965.
7. Raju, G. S. N., Investigations on slot coupled junctions and radiating slots, Ph.D. dissertation, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, Dept. Electron. and Elect. Eng., India, 1987.
8. Paramesha and A. Chakrabarty, "Waveguide as a near-field measuring probe of the two-element array radiator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 7, 245-255, 2008.
9. Das, S. and A. Chakrabarty, "A novel modeling technique to solve a class of rectangular waveguide based circuit and radiator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 61, 231-252, 2006.
10. Tiwari, A. K., D. R. Poddar, and B. N. Das, "On the equivalent radius of a radiating slot in impedance calculation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 47-56, 2007.
11. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, M., "Analysis of longitudinally inhomogeneous waveguides using the method of moments," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 57-67, 2007.
12. Das, S., A. Chakrabarty, and A. Chakraborty, "Characteristics of an offset longitudinal/transverse slot coupled crossed waveguide junction using multiple cavity modeling technique considering the TE00 mode at the slot aperture," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 67, 297-316, 2007.
13. Park, J. K., J. N. Lee, D. H. Shin, and H. J. Eom, "A fullwave analysis of a coaxial waveguide slot bridge using the Fourier transform technique," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 2, 143-158, 2006.
14. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, M., "Analysis of longitudinally inhomogeneous waveguides using the Fourier series expansion," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 10, 1299-1310, 2006.
15. Mondal, M. and A. Chakrabarty, "Resonant length calculation and radiation pattern synthesis of longitudinal slot antenna in rectangular waveguide," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 3, 187-195, 2008.
16. Lim, K. S., V. C. Koo, and T. S. Lim, "Design, simulation and measurement of a post slot waveguide antenna," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 21, No. 12, 1589-1603, 2007.
17. Eldek, A. A., A. Z. Elsherbeni, and C. E. Smith, "Rectangular slot antenna with patch stub for ultra wideband applications and phased array systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 53, 227-237, 2005.
18. Zhang, M. and Z. Wu, "The application of MoM and EECS on EM scattering from slot antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 21, 307-318, 1999.
19. Li, B., R.-Y. Zhu, L. Liang, and C. H. Liang, "Study on high gain waveguide array antenna with SRR structure," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 5, 615-627, 2007.
20. Li, L., C.-H. Liang, and C. H. Chan, "Waveguide end-slot phased array antenna integrated with electromagnetic bandgap structures," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 2, 161-174, 2007.