A systematic method for the diagnosis of planar antenna arrays from far field radiation pattern using neural networks is presented. Two types of neural networks, Radial basis function (RBF) and Probabilistic neural network (PNN) are considered for the performance comparison. Deviation pattern is used as input to the neural network to determine the location of the faulty element and error in excitation.
2. Bucci, O. M., A. Capozzoli, and G. D'Elia, "Diagnosis of array faults from far field amplitude --- Only data," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 48, No. 5, 647-652, May 2000.
3. Rodriguez, J. A., F. Ares, H. Palacios, and J. Vassal'lo, "Finding defective elements in planar arrays using genetic algorithms," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 29, 25-37, 2000.
4. Bucci, O. M., A. Capozzoli, and G. D'Elia, "A method for the diagnosis of phase faults in array antennas from amplitude only field data ," IEEE International Conference-2000, 2238-2241, 2000.
5. Sarma, N. V. S. N. and D. Vakula, "Single fault detection of an array using neural networks," Antenna Measurement Techniques Association Meeting & Symposium (AMTA-2004), 337-339, held at Stone Mountain GA, USA, during October 17-22, 2004.
6. Vakula, D. and N. V. S. N. Sarma, "A generalized method to diagnose faults in antenna arrays using neural networks," Antenna Measurement Techniques Association Meeting & Symposium (AMTA-2006), 290-292, held at Austin, Texas, USA, during Oct. 22-27, 2006.
7. Elliot, R. S., Antenna Theory & Design, revised edition, Wiley India Pvt Ltd, 2006.