There are three approaches for the solution of the diffraction problem of plane waves by an impedance half-plane in the literature. The diffracted field expressions, obtained by the related methods, are compared numerically. The examination of the scattered field shows that the most reliable solution is the field representation of Raman and Krishnan. Since the diffracted fields of Senior and Maliuzhinets do not compensate the discontinuities of the geometrical optics waves at the transition regions.
2. Carslaw, H. S., "Diffraction of waves by a wedge of any angle," Proc. Lond. Math. Soc., Vol. 18, No. 2, 291-306, 1920.
3. Raman, C. V. and H. S. Krishnan, "The diffraction of light by metallic screens," Proc. R. Soc. Lond. A, Vol. 116, 254-267, 1927.
4. Senior, T. B. A., "Diffraction by a semi-infinite metallic sheet," Proc. R. Soc. Lond. A, Vol. 213, 436-458, 1952.
5. Maliuzhinets, G. D., "Das sommerfeldsche integral und die lösung von beugungsaufgaben in winkelgebieten," Ann. Phys. (Leipzig), Vol. 461, No. 1--2, 107-112, 1960.
6. Umul, Y. Z., "Modified theory of physical optics solution of impedance half plane problem," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 54, No. 7, 2048-2053, 2006.
7. Umul, Y. Z., "Closed form series solution of the diffraction problem of plane waves by an impedance half-plane," J. Opt. A: Pure Appl. Opt., Vol. 11, No. 4, 045709-045716, 2009.
8. Senior, T. B. A. and J. L. Volakis, Approximate Boundary Conditions in Electromagnetics, IEE, London, 1995.
9. Umul, Y. Z., "Uniform theory for the diffraction of evanescent plane waves," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 24, No. 8, 2426-2430, 2007.
10. Kouyoumjian, R. G. and P. H. Pathak, "A uniform geometrical theory of di®raction for an edge in a perfectly conducting screen," Proc. IEEE, Vol. 62, No. 11, 1448-1461, 1974.