In this paper, analysis of half U-slot loaded patch antenna with shorting wall is presented. The parameters of the antenna significantly depend on slot and notch dimensions. Bandwidth of the proposed antenna is found to be 21.59%. The 3dB beamwidth of the antenna is found to be 90o at the central frequency of 2.6 GHz. The theoretical results are compared with IE3D simulated and experimental ones which are in good agreement.
2. Ali, A., et al., "W-shaped enhanced bandwidth patch antenna for wireless communication," Wireless Pers. Communication, Vol. 43, 1257-1265, 2007.
3. Sanad, M., "Double C-patch antennas having different aperture shaped," Proceeding of IEEE AP-S Symposium, 2116-2119, Newport Beach, CA, 2003.
4. Abbaspour, M. and H. R. Hassani, "Wideband star shaped microstrip patch antenna," Progress In Electromagnetic Research Letters, Vol. 1, 61-68, 2008.
5. Ansari, J. A. and R. B. Ram, "Broadband stacked U-slot microstrip patch antenna," Progress In Electromagnetic Research Letters, Vol. 4, 17-24, 2008.
6. Ansari, J. A., R. B. Ram, and P. Singh, "Analysis of a gap-coupled stacked annular ring microstrip antenna," Progress In Electromagnetic Research B, Vol. 4, 147-158, 2008.
7. Ansari, J. A., P. Singh, N. P. Yadav, and B. R. Vishvakarma, "Analysis of shorting pin loaded half disk patch antenna for wideband operation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 6, 179-192, 2009.
8., , IE3D simulation software, Zeland, version 14.05, 2008.
9. Mak, C. L., R. Chair, K. F. Lee, K. M. Luk, and A. A. Kishk, "Half U-slot patch antenna with shorting wall," Electronics Letters, Vol. 39, 1779-1780, 2003.
10. Bahal, I. J. and P. Bhartia, "Microstrip Antennas," Artech House, 1985.
11. Shivnarayan, S. S. and B. R. Vishkarma, "Analysis of slot loaded rectangular microstrip patch antenna," Indian Journal of Radio and Space Physics, Vol. 34, 424-430, 2005.
12. Zhang, X. X. and F. Yang, "Study of slit cut microstrip antenna and its application," Microwave and Optical Tech. Lett., Vol. 18, 297-300, 1998.
13. Bahal, I. J., Lumped Elements for RF and Microwave Circuits, Artech House, Boston, 2003.
14. Lu, J. H., C. L. Tang, and K. L. Wong, "Single feed slotted equilateral triangular microstrip antenna," IEEE. Trans. Antenna. Propag., Vol. 47, 1174-1178, 1999.
15. Bahal, I. J. and P. Bhartia, "Microstrip Antenna," Artech House, Massachuaetts, 1980.
16. Carver, K. R. and J. W. Mink, "Microstrip antenna technology," IEEE. Trans. Antenna. Propag., Vol. 29, 2-23, 1981.