The modified finite-difference time-domain (M-FDTD) method is proposed to analysis electromagnetic bandgap of 1D layered anisotropic plasma photonic crystal(PPC) under the situa-tion of the EM wave oblique incidence. The presence of it avoids the usage of two-dimensional FDTD iterative and greatly improving the computational efficiency. By the algorithm, the reflec-tion coefficients of electromagnetic waves with different incidence angles are computed, and compare the results with the analytical solution. The results show that the method of the accuracy and effectiveness. Finally, the algorithm is applied to calculate electromagnetic bandgap charater-istics of PPC with the different incident angles, and their reflection coefficients under the condi-tion of the different incident angles are analyzed.
"Electromagnetic Bandgap Analysis of 1D Magnetized Ppc with Oblique Incidence," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 12, 39-50, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERM10012211
1. John, S., "Strong localization of photons in certain disordered dielectric superlattices," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 58, No. 20, 2486-2489, 1987. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.58.2486
2. Yablonovitch, E., "Inhibited spontaneous emission in solid-state physics and electronics," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 58, No. 23, 2059-2060, 1987. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.58.2059
3. Hojo, H. and A. Mase, "Dispersion relation of electromagnetic wave in one-dimensional plasma photonic crystals," Plasma Fusion Res., Vol. 80, 89, 2004.
4. Guo, B., "Transfer matrix for obliquely incident electromagnetic waves propagating in one dimension plasma photonic crystals," Plasma Science and Technology, Vol. 11, No. 1, 19-22, 2009.
5. Liu, S. B., C. Q. Gu, and J. J. Zhou, "FDTD simulation for magnetized plasma photonic crystals," Acta Physica Sinica, Vol. 55, No. 3, 1283-1289, 2006 (in Chinese).
6. Liu, S., W. Hong, and N. Yuan, "Finite-difference time-domain analysis of unmagnetized plasma photonic crystals," International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 27, No. 3, 403-423, 2006. doi:10.1007/s10762-006-9075-x
7. Dikshitulu, K. K., Electromagnetics of Complex Media, CRC Press, 1999.
8. Ginzberg, V. L., The Propagation of Electromagnetic Waves in Plasma, Pergammon Press, New York, 1970.
9. Chen, Q., M. Katsurai, and P. H. Aoyagi, "An FDTD formulation for dispersive media using a current density," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 46, No. 10, 1739-1746, 1998. doi:10.1109/8.736632
10. Taflove, A. and S. C. Hagness, Computational Electrodynamics: The Finite-difference Time-domain Method, 3rd Ed., Artech House, Boston, 2005.