The classical electrodynamics allows the use of retarded electromagnetic fields. The purpose of this investigation is to predict the useful force in a coil-ring system by electromagnetomechanical conversion. Analytical equations in retarded regime are given and are used to simulate a realistic thruster based on the coil-ring system. It is shown that a net force in the inertial coil-ring system is created. By means of high frequency electronics, analytical and practical tools toward new experiments for electromagnetic thrusters are given.
2. Zieve, P. B., J. L. Hartmann, and J. K. Ng, "High force density eddy-current driven actuator," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 24, 3144-3146, 1988.
3. Jefimenko, O. D., Causality, Electromagnetic Induction and Gravitation, Electret-Scientific-Company, West Virginia, 2000.
4. Jefimenko, O. D., Electricity and Magnetism, Appleton-Century Crofts, New York, 1966.
5. Monaghan, J. J., "Heaviside-Feynman expression for fields of an accelerated dipole," J. Phys. A, Vol. 1, 112, 1968.
6. Mayes, C. and G. Hoffstaetter, "Exact 1D model for coherent synchrotron radiation with shielding and bunch compression," Phys. Rev. ST Accel. Beams, Vol. 12, 024401-2009.
7. Barut, A. O., "Electrodynamics in terms of retarded fields," Phys. Rev. D, Vol. 10, 3335-3336, 1974.
8. Teitelboim, C., D. Villarroel, and C. G. van Weert, "Classical electrodynamics of retarded fields and point particles," Rivista Del Nuovo Cimento, Vol. 3, 1-64, 1980.
9. Villarroel, D., "Preacceleration in classical electrodynamics," Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 66, 046624, 2002.
10. Heras, J. A., "Radiation-fields of a dipole in arbitrary motion," Am. J. Phys., Vol. 62, 1109-1115, 1994.
11. Heras, J. A., "Explicit expressions for the electric and magnetic fields of a moving magnetic dipole," Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 58, 5047-5056, 1998.
12. Jimenez, J. L., I. Campos, and N. Aquino, "Exact electromagnetic fields produced by a finite wire with constant current," Eur. J. Phys., Vol. 29, 163-175, 2008.
13. Jackson, J. D., "Classical Electrodynamics," John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1999.
14. Griffiths, D. J. and M. A. Heald, "Time-dependent generalizations of the Biot-Savart and Coulomb laws," Am. J. Phys., Vol. 59, 111-117, 1991.
15. Purcell, E. M., Electricity and Magnetism Berkeley Physics Course, Vol. 2, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1985.
16. The coil-ring system can be seen as an antenna and the total momentum deduced from the specific spectral band. However, the speci¯c spectral band. However, the spectral band calculated from a transient profile of i(t) in retarded coordinates was out of computational limits.
17. Krawczyk, A. and J. A. Tegopoulos, Numerical Modelling of Eddy Currents, Oxford University Press, New York, 1993.
18. Weinzierl, S. R. and J. P. Krusius, "Heterojunction vertical FETs revisited --- Potential for 225-GHz large-current operation," IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, Vol. 39, 1050-1055, 1992.
19. Ekinci, K. L. and M. L. Roukes, "Nanoelectromechanical systems," Rev. Sci. Instrum., Vol. 76, 061101, 2005.
20. Lyubutin, S. K., S. N. Rukin, B. G. Slovikovsky, and S. N. Tsyranov, "Ultrafast current switching using the tunneling-assisted impact ionization front in a silicon semiconductor closing switch," Tech. Phys. Lett., Vol. 31, 196-199, 2005.
21. Markovic, M., M. Jufer, and Y. Perriard, "Analytical force determination in an electromagnetic actuator," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 44, 2181-2185, 2008.