Propagation of electromagnetic fields and power in a circular waveguide containing chiral nihility metamaterial is studied. Space inside the waveguide is divided into two circular regions. One region contains chiral nihility metamaterial while other region is of free space. Two cases of the waveguide, in this regard, are considered for analysis. For the case of perfect electric conductor (PEC) waveguide, there is no net electric field and power propagation in chiral nihility region of the guide whereas both fields and power exist in non-nihility region (which is free space in our cases) of the guide. For perfect electromagnetic conductor (PEMC) waveguide, both electric and magnetic fields exist in the chiral nihility and non-nihility regions.
2. Mackay, T. G. and A. Lakhtakia, "Plane waves with negative phase velocity in Faraday chiral mediums," Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 69, 026602, 2004.
3. Mackay, T. G., "Plane waves with negative phase velocity in isotropic chiral mediums," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 45, No. 2, 120-121, April 20, 2005.
4. Mackay, T. G. and A. Lakhtakia, "Simultaneous negative-and positive-phase-velocity propagation in an isotropic chiral medium," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 49, No. 6, 1245-1246, Jun. 2007.
5. Zhang, C. and T. J. Cui, "Spatial dispersion and energy in strong chiral medium," Optics Express, Vol. 15, No. 8, 5114-5119, 2007.
6. Zhang, C. and T. J. Cui, "Negative reflections of electromagnetic waves in a strong chiral medium," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 91, No. 19, 194101, 2007.
7. Faryad, M. and Q. A. Naqvi, "Cylindrical reflector in chiral medium supporting simultaneously positive phase velocity and negative phase velocity," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 4, 563-572, 2008.
8. Tretyakov, S., I. Nefedov, A. Sihvola, S. Maslovski, and C. Simovski, "Waves and energy in chiral nihility," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 17, No. 5, 695-706, 2003.
9. Lakhtakia, A., "An electromagnetic trinity from `negative permittivity' and `negative permeability'," International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 23, 813-818, 2002.
10. Cheng, X. X. , H. S. Chen, B. T. Wu, and J. A. Kong, "Visualization of negative refraction in chiral nihility media," IEEE Antennas and Propgation Magazine, Vol. 51, No. 4, 79-87, 2009.
11. Qui, C. W., N. Burokur, S. Zouhdi, and L.-W. Li, "Chiral nihility effects on energy flow in chiral materials," Journal of Optical Society of America A-optics Image Science and Vision, Vol. 25, 55-63, 2008.
12. Naqvi, Q. A., "Planar slab of chiral nihility metamaterial backed by fractional dual/PEMC interface," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 85, 381-391, 2008.
13. Naqvi, Q. A., "Fractional dual solutions to the Maxwell equations in chiral nihility medium," Optics Communications, Vol. 282, 2016-2018, 2009.
14. Dong, J., "Exotic characteristics of power propagation in the chiral nihility fiber," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 99, 163-178, 2009.
15. Qui, C. W., H. Y. Yao, S. Zouhdi, L. W. Li, and M. S. Leong, Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 48, 2534, 2006.
16. Qui, C. W., H. Y. Yao, L. W. Li, S. Zouhdi, and T. S. Yeo, "Routes to left-handed materials by magnetoelectric couplings," Physical Review B, Vol. 75, 245214, 2007.
17. Cheng, , Q., , T. J. Cui, and C. Zhang, "Waves in planar waveguide containing chiral nihility metamaterial," Optics Communications, Vol. 276, No. 2,15, 317-321, 2007.
18. Naqvi, A., "Comments on waves in planar waveguide containing chiral nihility metamaterial," Optics Communications, Mar. 2010.
19. Naqvi, A., A. Hussain, and Q. A. Naqvi, "Waves in fractional dual planar waveguides containing chiral nihility metamaterial," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 11-12, 1575-1586, 2010.
20. Naqvi, A. , S. Ahmed, and Q. A. Naqvi, "Perfect electromagnetic conductor and fractional dual interface placed in a chiral nihility medium," Jouyrnal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, 1991-1999, 2010.
21. Lindell, I. V., A. H. Sihvola, S. A. Tretyakov, and A. J. Viitanen, Electromagnetic Waves in Chiral and Bi-isotropic Media, Artech House Publishers, 2002.
22. Lindell, I. V. and A. H. Sihvola, "Perfect electromagnetic conductor," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, 861-869, 2005.