The diffraction problem of a three-dimensional elliptic Gaussian beam on a aperture array of rectangular holes is solved. The both normal and oblique incidences of the beam are considered and the results are presented in the form of the three-dimensional patterns. The pattern lobe distortion and conditions at which the side lobes appear are studied. The conditions under which the shift of the reflected and transmitted field patterns appears are studied. The existence of higher spatial Floquet harmonics in the case of oblique beam incidence is observed.
2. Gribovsky, A. V., "A new method of controlling the radiation in waveguide phased array," Telecommunications and Radio Engineering, Vol. 61, No. 1, 58-66, 2004.
3. Gribovsky, A. V. and S. L. Prosvirin, "Scattering of a wave beam by a reflected array made of rectangular waveguides," Journal of Communications Technology and Electronics, Vol. 42, No. 9, 961-972, 1997.
4. Tretyakova, S. S., O. A. Tretyakov, and V. P. Shestopalov, "Wave beam diffraction on plane periodical structures," Radiotekhnika & Electronical, Vol. 17, 1366-1373, July 1972 (in Russian).
5. Shin, S. Y. and L. B. Felsen, "Lateral shift of totally reflected gaussian beams," Radio Sci., Vol. 12, 551-564, July 1977.
6. Litvinenko, L. N. and S. L. Prosvirnin, "Spectral scattering operators in problems of wave diffraction on flat screens," Nauk. Dumka, 1984.
7. Godin, O. A., "Diffraction theory of lateral shift of bounded wave beams during reflection," Zh. Tekh. Fiz., Vol. 54, No. 4, 2094-2104, 1984; Vol. 55, No. 2, 17-25, 1985 (in Russian)..
8. Riesz, R. P. and R. Simon, "Reflection of gaussian beam from a dielectric slab," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 2, 1809-1817, 1985.
9. Maciel, J. and L. Felsen, "Gaussian beam analysis of propagation from an extended plane aperture distribution through dielectric layers," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 38, 1607-1624, October 1990.
10. Shulga, S. N., "Two-dimensional wave beam scattering on an anisotropic half-space with anisotropic inclusion," Optics and Spectroscopy, Vol. 87, 503-509, March 1999 (in Russian)..
11. Tuz, V. R., "Three-dimensional Gaussian beam scattering from a periodic sequence of bi-isotropic and material layers," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 7, 53-73, 2008.
12. Wu., Z. and L. Guo, "Electromagnetic scattering from a multilayered cylinder arbitrarily located in a gaussian beam, a new recursive algorithms," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 18, 317-333, 1998.
13. Shen, T., W. Dou, and Z. Sun, "Gaussian beam scattering from a semicircular channel in a conducting plane," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 16, 67-85, 1997.
14. Dong, W. T., L. Gao., and C. W. Qiu, "Goos-Hanchen shift at the surface of chiral negative refractive media," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 90, 255-268, 2009.
15. Gribovsky, A. V. and O. A. Yeliseyev, "Gaussian beam scattering on two-dimensional periodic aperture array," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 13, 283-296, 2011.
16. Gribovsky, A. V., S. L. Prosvirin, and I. I. Reznik, "Reflective phased array antenna of rectangular waveguides of finite depth," Radio Physics and Radio Astronomy, Vol. 2, No. 1, 52-60, 1997 (in Russian)..