Analytic expressions for the scattered magnetic vector potential from an infinitely long DB circular cylinder are presented. An arbitrarily oriented electric dipole is considered as a source of excitation that induces surface currents on the DB circular cylinder. Approximate far field expressions for magnetic vector potential are also derived in this setting. Numerical results of the scattering from the DB cylinder are also presented and compared with those of the PEC cylinder.
2. Rumsey, V. H., "Some new forms of Huygens principle," IRE Trans. Antennas Progag., Vol. 7, 103-116, 1959.
3. Lindell, I. V. and A. Sihvola, "Electromagnetics boundary conditions defined in terms of normal field components," IEEE Trans. on Ant. and Propag., Vol. 58, 1128-1135, 2010.
4. Lindell, I. V. and A. Sihvola, "Electromagnetics boundary and its realization with anisotropic metamaterial," Phy. Rev. E, Vol. 79, Article Number: 0266604, 2009.
5. Lindell, I. V. A. Sihvola, "Spherical resonator with DB boundary condition," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 6, 131-137, 2009.
6. Lindell, I. V. and A. Sihvola, "Circular waveguide with DB boundary conditions," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 58, 903-909, 2010.
7. Naqvi, A., F. Majeed, and Q. A. Naqvi, "Planar DB boundary placed in chiral and chiral nihility metamaterial," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 21, 41-48, 2011.
8. Yaghjian, A. D. and S. Maci, "Alternative derivation of electromagnetic cloak and concentrators," New J. Phys., Vol. 10, 115022, 2008.
9. Kildal, P. S., "Fundamental properties of canonical soft and hard surfaces, perfect magnetic conductors and the newly introduced DB surface and their relation to different practical applications included cloaking," Proc. ICEAA, 607-610, 2009.
10. Naqvi, Q. A., A. A. Rizvi, and M. A. Ashraf, "Asymptotic solutions for the scattered field of plane wave by a cylindrical obstacle buried in a grounded dielectric layer," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 20, 249-262, 1998.
11. Naqvi, Q. A. and A. A. Rizvi, "Low contrast circular cylinder buried in a grounded dielectric layer," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 12, No. 11, 1527-1536, 1998.
12. Naqvi, Q. A. and A. A. Rizvi, "Scattering from a cylindrical object buried in a geometry with parallel plane interfaces," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 27, 19-35, 2000.
13. Naqvi, Q. A., A. A. Rizvi, and Z. Yaqoob, "Scattering of electromagnetic waves from a deeply buried circular cylinder," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 27, 37-59, 2000.
14. Carter, P. S., "Antenna arrays around cylinders ," Proc. IRE, Vol. 31, 671-693, 1943.
15. Luke, W. S., "Electric dipoles in the presence of elliptic and circular cylinders," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 22, 14-19, 1951.
16. Wait, J. R., Electromagnetic Radiation from Cylindrical Structures, 76-87, Pergamon Press, New York, N.Y., 1959.
17. Basso, E., M. B. Gay Ducati, E. G. de-Oliveira, and J. T. de-Santana Amaral, "Dipole scattering amplitude in momentum space," Brazilian Journal of Physics, Vol. 38, No. 3B, 2008.
18. Illahi, A. , Q. A. Naqvi, and K. Hongo, "Scattering of dipole field by a finite conducting and finite impedance cylinder," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 1, 139-184, 2008.
19. Illahi, A., M. Afzaal, and Q. A. Naqvi, "Scattering of dipole field by a perfect electromagnetic conductor cylinder," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 4, 43-53, 2008.