In this paper, linearly polarized transmitarray is investigated as to avoid the usage of multilayers for improving the bandwidth of transmitarray. The transmitarray is formed from a single dielectric sheet by perforating selected areas of the material. A perforated dielectric layer is divided into square cell elements. Each cell has four holes with the same diameters. Holes with different diameters in the cell elements are used to allow continuous tuning of the transmitted signal's phase over 360o range with a maximum loss of 3.6 dB at 10 GHz. The transmission coefficient versus the diameter of the holes is calculated by using the finite integration technique. The results are compared with those calculated with transmission line method for verification. The focal-to-diameter ratio of the transmitarray is optimized for lower side lobe level and highest transmitarray gain. A comparison between the transmitarray and the reflectarray with the same aperture area is illustrated.
2. Zainud-Deen, S. H., A. M. Abd-Elhady, A. A. Mitkees, and A. A. Kishk, "Design of dielectric resonator reflectarray using full-wave analysis," 26th National Radio Science Conference, NRSC 2009, 1-9, Faculty of Engineering, Future Univ., Egypt, B10, Mar. 2009.
3. Zaiund-Deen, S. H., S. M. Gaber, A. M. Abd-Elhady, K. H. Awadalla, and A. A. Kishk, "Wideband perforated rectangular dielectric resonator antenna reflectarray," Proc. IEEE Antennas and Propagation Soc. Int. Symp., Vol. 1, 113-116, USA, Jun. 2011.
4. Padilla, P., A. Muoz-Acevedo, and M. Sierra-Castaer, "Passive microstrip transmitarray lens for Ku band," 5th European Conf. on Antennas and Propag., EuCAP 2010, 1-3, Spain, 2010.
5. Lam, K., S. Kwok, Y. Hwang, and T. K. Lo, "Implementation of transmitarray antenna microstrip patches concept by using aperture-coupled," Asia Pacific Microwave Conference, APMC 1997, 433-443, 1997.
6. P, de la Torre, P., M. Sierra-Castaer, and M. Sierra-Peerez, "Design of a double array lens," 1st European Conf. on Antennas and Propag., EuCAP 2006, 1-5, Nov. 2006.
7. Ryan, C. G. M., M. R. Chaharmir, J. Shaker, J. R. Bray, Y. M. M. Antar, and A. Ittipiboon, "A wideband transmitarray using dual-resonant double square rings," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 58, No. 5, 1486-1493, May 2010.
8. Ryan, C. G. M., J. R. Bray, Y. M. M. Antar, M. R. Chaharmir, J. Shaker, and A. Ittipiboon, "A broadband transmitarray using double square ring elements," 13th International Symposium on Antenna Technology and Applied Electromagnetics and the Canadian Radio Sciences Meeting, ANTEM/URSI 2009, Toronto,2009 .
9. Petosa, A., A. Ittipiboon, and S. Thirakoune, "Perforated dielectric resonator antennas," Electronics Letters, Vol. 38, No. 24, 1493-1495, Dec. 2002.
10. Petosa, A. , S. Thirakoune, and A. Ittipiboon, "Array of perforated dielectric resonator antennas," Proc. IEEE Antennas and Propagation Soc. Int. Symp., Vol. 10, 1106-1109, USA, Jun. 2004.
11. Chair, R., A. A. Kishk, and K. F. Lee, "Experimental investigation for wideband perforated dielectric resonator antenna," Electronic Letters, Vol. 42, No. 3, 137-139, Feb. 2006.
12. Zhang, Y. and A. A. Kishk, "Analysis of dielectric resonator antenna arrays with supporting perforated rods," 2nd European Conf. on Antennas and Propag., EuCAP 2007, 1-5, 2007.
13. Abd-Elhady, A. M. and W. Hong, "Ka-band linear polarized holereflectarray," 1st IEEE APS Middle East Conf. on Antennas and Propag.,, 1-14, Egypt, Oct. 2010.
14. Fard, M. M. and M. K. Amirhosseini, "Perforated reflectarray antennas," Journal of Telecommunication, Vol. 3, No. 7, 17-22, Jul. 2010.
15. Moeini-Fard, M. and M. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, "Inhomogeneous perforated reflectarray antennas," Journal of Wireless Engineering and Technology, Vol. 2, 80-86, April 2011.
16. Schuhmann, R., T. Weiland, W. H. Schilders, E. J. Maten, and S. H. Houben, "Recent advances in finite integration technique for high frequency applications," Scientific Computing in Electrical Engineering, Vol. 4, 46-57, 2004.
17. Christopoulos, C., The Transmission Line Modeling Method (TLM), The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc., 1995.
18. Pozar, D., "Flat lens antenna concept using aperture coupled microstrip patches," Electronic Letters, Vol. 32, 2109-2111, Nov. 1996.
19. Mcgrath, D. T., "Planar three dimensional constrained lenses," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 34, No. 1, 46-50, Jan. 1986.
20. Lau, J. Y. and S. V. Hum, "Analysis and characterization of a multipole reconfigurable transmitarray element," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 59, No. 1, 70-79, Jan. 2011.