A problem of electromagnetic waves scattering and radiation by a structure, consisting of a narrow transverse slot in broad wall of rectangular waveguide and a vibrator with variable surface impedance, located inside the waveguide and interacting with one another, is solved. A solution of integral equations for electric current on the vibrator and equivalent magnetic current in the slot is derived by the generalized method of induced electro-magneto-motive forces. Conditions necessary for achievement of maximal slot radiation coefficient are defined. Effectiveness of impedance vibrators application to ensure required level of radiation by vibrator-slot structure in low profile rectangular waveguides is shown. Calculated and experimental plots of energy characteristics of the vibrator-slot structure for different vibrator placement relative to the slot and for various surface impedance dependencies upon the vibrator length are presented.
2. Butler, C. M. and K. R. Umashankar, "Electromagnetic excitation of a wire through an aperture-perforated conducting screen," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 24, 456-462, 1976.
3. Seidel, D. B., "Aperture excitation of a wire in a rectangular cavity," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 26, 908-914, 1978.
4. Itoh, K. and T. Matsumoto, "Theoretical analysis of mutual coupling between slot and unipole antennas," IEICE Trans. Commun., Vol. 61, 391-397, 1978.
5. Harrington, R. F., "Resonant behavior of a small aperture backed by a conducting body," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 30, 205-212, 1982.
6. Lee, Y.-H., D.-H. Hong, and J.-W. Ra, "Waveguide slot antenna with a coupled dipole above the slot," Electronics Letters, Vol. 19, 280-282, 1983.
7. Naiheng, Y. and R. F. Harrington, "Electromagnetic coupling to an infinite wire through a slot in a conducting plane," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 31, 310-316, 1983.
8. Kominami, M. and K. Rokushima, "Analysis of an antenna composed of arbitrarily located slots and wires," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 32, 154-158, 1984.
9. His, S. W., R. F. Harrington, and J. R. Mautz, "Electromagnetic coupling to a conducting wire behind an aperture of arbitrary size and shape," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 33, 581-587, 1985.
10. Lee, R., D. G. Dudley, and K. F. Casey, "Electromagnetic coupling by a wire through a circular aperture in an infinite planar screen," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 3, No. 4, 281-305, 1989.
11. Ma, B.-L. and I.-T. Lu, "Electromagnetic excitation of a wire enclosed in a rectangular cavity by a plane wave incident on a small aperture," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 4, No. 4, 311-324, 1990.
12. Park, S. , J. Hirokawa, and M. Ando, "Simple analysis of a slot and a re°ection-canceling post in a rectangular waveguide using only the axial uniform currents on the post surface," IEICE Trans. Commun., Vol. 86, 2482-2487, 2003.
13. Kim, K.-C., S. M. Lim, and M. S. Kim, "Reduction of electromagnetic penetration through narrow slots in conducting screen by two parallel wires," IEICE Trans. Commun., Vol. E88-B, 1743-1745, 2005.
14. Lim, K.-S, V.-C. Koo, and T.-S. Lim, "Design, simulation and measurement of a post slot waveguide antenna," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 12, 1589-1603, 2007.
15. Wang, C.-J. and Y. Dai, "Studies of power-combining of open slot antenna array," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 120, 423-437, 2011.
16. Nesterenko, M. V., V. A. Katrich, Y. M. Penkin, S. L. Berd-nik, and V. I. Kijko, "Combined vibrator-slot structures in electrodynamic volumes," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 37, 237-256, 2012.
17. Nesterenko, M. V. , V. A. Katrich, Y. M. Penkin, and S. L. Berdnik, Analytical and Hybrid Methods in Theory of Slot-Hole Coupling of Electrodynamic Volumes, Springer, New York, 2008.
18. Nesterenko, M. V., V. A. Katrich, Y. M. Penkin, V. M. Dakhov, and S. L. Berdnik, Thin Impedance Vibrators. Theory and Applications, Springer, New York, 2011.
19. Nesterenko, , M. V., V. A. Katrich, S. L. Berdnik, Y. M. Penkin, and V. M. Dakhov, "Application of the generalized method of induced EMF for investigation of characteristics of thin impedance vibrators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 26, 149-178, 2010.
20. Nesterenko, M. V. and V. A. Katrich, "The asymptotic solution of an integral equation for magnetic current in a problem of waveguides coupling through narrow slots," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 57, 101-129, 2006.