In this paper, an analytical solution is investigated for the twodimensional problem of electromagnetic scattering of a line source from a perfect electromagnetic conductor (PEMC) circular cylinder coated with an anisotropic media. In the anisotropic region, the relative permittivity and permeability tensors, when referred to principal axes (ρ, φ, z), are biaxial and diagonal. It is demonstrated that the relations of electromagnetic field vectors in anisotropic medium is equal to a PEMC boundary conditions when the parameters of the anisotropic region are chosen in an appropriate manner. Therefore, this region can act as a PEMC cylinder.
1. Lindell, I. V. and A. H. Sihvola, "Perfect electromagnetic conductor," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 7, 861-869, 2005. doi:10.1163/156939305775468741
2. Lindell, I. V. and A. H. Sihvola, "Losses in PEMC boundary," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propag., Vol. 54, No. 9, 2553-2558, 2006. doi:10.1109/TAP.2006.880740
3. Sihvola, A. H. and I. V. Lindell, Possible applications of perfect electromagnetic conductor (PEMC) media, Proc. the 1st Eur. Conf. on Antennas and Propag., EuCAP, 1-6, Nice, France, Nov. 2006.
4. Lindell, I. V. and A. H. Sihvola, "Realization of the PEMC boundary," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propag., Vol. 53, 3012-3018, 2005. doi:10.1109/TAP.2005.854524
5. Sun, J., W. Sun, T. Jiang, and Y. Feng, "Directive electromagnetic radiation of a line source scattered by a conducting cylinder coated with left-handed metamaterial," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 47, 274-279, 2005. doi:10.1002/mop.21145
6. Ahmed, A. and Q. A. Naqvi, "Directive EM radiation of a line source in the presence of a coated PEMC circular cylinder," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 92, 91-102, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09030503
7. Massoudi, H., N. J. Damaskos, and P. L. E. Uslenghi, "Scattering by a composite and anisotropic circular cylindrical structure: Exact solution," Electromagnetics, Vol. 8, 71-83, 1988. doi:10.1080/02726348808908206
8. Ahmed, A. and Q. A. Naqvi, "Electromagnetic scattering from a perfect electromagnetic conductor cylinder coated with a metamaterial having negative permittivity and/or permeability," Opt. Communication, 5664-5670, 2008. doi:10.1016/j.optcom.2008.09.011
9. Mehmood, M. Q. and M. J. Mughal, "Analysis of focal region fields of PEMC Gregorian system embedded in homogenous chiral medium," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 18, 155-163, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERL10100301
10. Ghaffar, A., N. Mehmood, M. Shoaib, M. Y. Naz, A. Illahi, and Q. A. Naqvi, "Scattering of a radially oriented hertz dipole field by a perfect electromagnetic conductor (PEMC) sphere," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 42, 163-180, 2012.
11. Shahvarpour, A., T. Kodera, A. Parsa, and C. Caloz, "Realization of the PEMC boundary," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propag., Vol. 58, No. 11, 2781-2792, 2010.