The radar backscatter from complex targets, such as aircrafts and ships, tends to vary rapidly with aspect or time. To describe the radar cross section distribution characteristics of such targets, statistic terms are often used. In this paper, we first give a brief introduction of distribution and lognormal distribution model. And complete form of lognormal distribution is proposed which can be used when ratio of mean to median is less than 1 as stealth targets. The significance of the parameters is discussed in detail aiming to find a characterization standard. As an example, the statistic characteristics of the radar cross section data of a stealth aircraft are analyzed with Swerling 1, 3 distribution, distribution and lognormal distribution. The applicability of the distributions is shown with error-of-fit and test of goodness of fit.
2. Dowdy, P. C., "RCS probability distribution function modeling of a fluctuating target," 1991 IEEE Radar Conf., 164-168, Los Angeles, CA, 1991.
3. Weinstock, W. W., "Target cross section models for radar systems analysis,", Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Pennsylvania，Philadelphia, 1956.
4. Mayer, D. P. and H. A. Mayer, Radar Target Detection --- Handbook of Theory and Practice, Academic Press, New York, 1973.
5. Shnidman, D. A., "Expanded swerling target models," IEEE Trans. on Aerosp. Electron. Syst., Vol. 39, No. 3, 1059-1069, 2003.
6. Huang, P. K., H. C. Yin, and X. J. Xu, Radar Target Properties, 20-120, Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing, 2006，(in Chinese).
7. Shi, F. Z., CAGD and NURBS, Higher Education Press, Beijing, 2001 (in Chinese).
8. Zhao, Y., X.-W. Shi, and L. Xu, "Modeling with NURBS surfaces used for calculation of RCS," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 49-59, 2008.
9. Wu, Y., L. Jiang, and W. C. Chew, "An efficient method for computing highly oscillatory physical optics integral," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 127, 211-257, 2012.
10. Chen, M., Y. Zhang, and C. H. Liang, "Calculation of the field distribution near electrically large nurbs surfaces with physical-optics method," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 11, 1511-1524, 2005.
11. Li, J. B., X. S.Wang, and L. H. Qu, "Calculation of physical optics integral over NURBS surface using a delaminating quadrature method," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 5, 2388-2397, 2012.
12. Hu, B. , X.-W. Xu, M. He, and Y. Zheng, "More accurate hybrid PO-MoM analysis for an electrically large antenna-radome structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 92, 255-265, 2009.
13. Hemon, R., P. Pouliguen, H. He, J. Saillard, and J.-F. Damiens, "Computation of EM field scattered by an open-ended cavity and by a cavity under radome using the iterative physical optics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 77-105, 2008.
14. Kononov, A. A., A. Wyholt, G. Sandberg, and L. M. H. Ulander, "Statistical analysis of VHF-band tree backscattering using forest ground truth data and PO scattering model," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 49, No. 8, 3035-3046, 2011.
15. Teng, S. Z., "Mathematical Statistics," Press of DUT, Dalian, Jul. 2002 (in Chinese).