We discuss the electromagnetic interaction between a travelling charge particle and a perfectly conducting strip of a negligible thickness. The particle travels at a constant velocity along a straight line parallel to the axis of symmetry of the strip. The efficiency of the proposed solution is proved by evaluating the longitudinal coupling impedance in a wide range of parameters.
2. Kheifets, S. A. and B. W. Zotter, "Impedances and Wakes in High-Energy Particle Accelerators," World Scientific, Singapore, 1998.
3. Palumbo, L., V. G. Vaccaro, and M. Zobov, "Wake fields and impedance," Proceedings of CAS CERN Accelerator School CERN 95-06 , 331-390, 1995.
4. Chao, A. W. and M. Tigner, Handbook of Accelerator Physics and Engineering, World Scientific, Singapore, 1998.
5. Kuehn, E., "A mode-matching method for solving field problems in waveguide and resonator circuits," Archiv fuer Elektronik und Uebertragungstechnik, Vol. 27, 511-518, Dec. 1973..
6. Legenkiy, M. N. and A. Y. Butrym, "Method of mode matching in time domain," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 22, 257-283, 2010.
7. Assante, D., D. Davino, S. Falco, F. Schettino, and L. Verolino, "Coupling impedance of a charge travelling in a drift tube," IEEE Trans. on Mag., Vol. 41, No. 5, 1924-1927, 2005.
8. Fujita, K. and H. Kawaguchi, "Time domain numerical simulation method based on EFIE and MFIE for axis-symmetric structure objects," Progress In Electromagnetic Research Symposium, 627-630, Pisa, Italy, 2004.
9. Censor, D., "Free-space relativistic low-frequency scattering by moving objects," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 72, 195-214, 2007.
10. Censor, D., "Application-oriented relativistic electrodynamics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 29, 107-168, 2000.
11. Idemen, M. and A. Alkumru, "Influence of motion on the edge-diffraction," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 6, 153-168, 2008.
12. Censor, D., "Broadband spatiotemporal differential-operator representations for velocity depending scattering," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 58, 51-70, 2006.
13. Mostacci, A., et al., "Wakefields due to surface waves in a beam pipe with a periodic rough surface," Phys. Rev. ST Accel. Beams, Vol. 5, Apr. 2002.
14. Miano, G., L. Verolino, and V. G. Vaccaro, "Time domain analysis of a charge particle travelling along the axis of a circular waveguide," Il Nuovo Cimento, Vol. 111B, 659-664, 1996.
15. Gradshteyn, I. S. and I. M. Ryzhik, Table of Integrals, Series, and Products, 7th Ed., Academic Press, New York, 2007.
16. Eswaran, K., "On the solutions of a class of dual integral equations occurring in diffraction problems," Proc. R. Soc. Lond., Vol. A429, 399-427, 1990.
17. Cesarano, C., "Identities and generating functions on Chebyshev polynomials ," Georgian Mathematical Journal, Vol. 19, 427-440, 2012.
18. Assante, D. , S. Falco, M. Lucido, G. Panariello, F. Schettino, and L. Verolino, "Shielding effect of a strip of finite thickness," Electrical Engineering, Vol. 89, No. 2, 79-87, 2006.
19. Sautbekov, S. S., "Diffraction of plane wave by strip with arbitrary orientation of wave vector," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 21, 117-131, 2011.
20. Assante, D., S. D'Agostino, and L. Verolino, "Shielding effect of a thin strip," Electrical Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 4-5, 177-185, 2009.
21. Handapangoda, C. C., M. Premaratne, and P. N. Pathirana, "Plane wave scattering by a spherical dielectric particle in motion: A relativistic extension of the Mie theory," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 112, 349-379, 2011.